For more recipes related to Roasted Coconut Laddoos checkout Panchakhadya. You can also find more Mithais recipes like Besan Burfi, Date and Nut Parcels with Rabdi, Gulkand Shahi Tukda, Churme Meve Ke Laddoo.
Hindi: nariyalCoastal cuisine of India loves the coconut. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns supreme. Think about a rich fish curry and try making it obliterating the coconut! It will pass off as a fake. Very correctly termed as the ‘plant of life,’ each and every part of the coconut plant is useful in one or the other way.
Prep Time : 21-25 minutes
Cook time : 31-40 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Sweet
Ingredients for Roasted Coconut Laddoos Recipe
Dried coconut ( khopra) dried 1½ cups
Coconut milk 1 cup
Zest of 1 lemon
Jaggery (gur) grated 1 cup
Salt a pinch
Almonds slivered 4-5
Pistachios slivered 8-10
Green cardamom powder a pinch
Dry roast coconut in a non-stick pan on low heat till golden brown. Add coconut milk, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
Add lemon zest, jaggery, salt, almonds and pistachios. Increase heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes or till the liquid is completely absorbed.
Remove from heat and cool down to room temperature. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape them into laddoos.
7 winter stews from around the world 7 winter stews from around the world Winter is here! So is the season of comfort food and nothing fits the bill more a hearty stew! Here are 7 recipes from across the globe that will warm you up and satisfy your hunger pangs on cold winter nights!
- Chocolate Burfi Recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible
- How to make Cronut Sandwich - Deep-fried cronuts
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Breakfast Burrito - Start your day on a delicious note with this tortilla burrito
- How to make Tomato Pickle
- How to make Dal Tadka
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa