Mexico, wild and barren in the north and sultry and hot in the south, offers a cuisine that reflects the culture of the country – colourful, rich, invigorating and always, always festive! The most common impression about Mexican food is that it is hot and wholesome and has many similarities with Indian food. And like Indian cuisine Mexican is not one single cuisine but many. There is a feast of flavours for the food lover as the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean teem with fish, while the adjoining regions bloom with luscious fruit like pineapple and papayas. The high plateau yields wonderful vegetables and the north is cattle country…..and to bind all these in one single string are chillies…in every shape, colour and size, from the subtle to the strong, producing a signature to Mexican cuisine.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 6-10 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Mild
Ingredients for Taquitos Recipe
Tortillas mini 8
Olive oil 1 tablespo for greasing
Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
Corn kernels boiled 3 tablespoons
Asparagus blanched and chopped 4
Pickled jalapenos chopped 1 teaspoon
Mixed herbs 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Baked beans ¼ cup
Mozzarella cheese grated 2 tablespoons
Processed cheese grated 2 tablespoons
Preheat oven to 180° C.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add corn kernels, asparagus, jalapeno, mixed herbs, salt and baked beans, mix and cook for 1 minute.
Switch off heat, add mozzarella cheese and processed cheese and mix well.
Put some corn kernel mixture on one side of each tortilla, wrap and insert 2 toothpicks to secure.
Grease a baking tray with some olive oil, place the tortilla wraps and brush some olive oil on top. Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Chocolate Burfi Recipe Chocolate Burfi Recipe History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines.Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible
- How to make Cronut Sandwich - Deep-fried cronuts
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Breakfast Burrito - Start your day on a delicious note with this tortilla burrito
- How to make Tomato Pickle
- How to make Dal Tadka
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- How to make Roasted Coconut Laddoos - Roasting the coconut gives these laddoos a fantastic nutty flavour.