Relish a salad platter of thinly sliced tomatoes, with chunks of mozzarella, a drizzle of olive oil, sliced black olives and basil leaves. Arrange in concentric circles on a nice white plate. The word relish is just perfect here. And not just salads, for all those rich and good-looking Indian preps, the very famous onion-tomato masala is a must! Then, there are soups, beverages (call for the Bloody Mary!), snacks and even desserts made of these plump red things. Even the green ones are in use today. Must say, terrific tomatoes!
Prep Time : 11-15 minutes
Cook time : 26-30 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Tangy
Ingredients for Tomato Pickle Recipe
Tomatoes 10 large
Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
Oil 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves a few
Garlic cloves chopped 10
Asafoetida 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Blend tomatoes and tamarind together in a blender. When the paste is smooth add sugar, salt, asafoetida, and red chilli powder. Blend well and set aside.
Heat oil in a kadia, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add curry leaves and garlic, saute till brown.
Add the tomato paste and cook till the mixture thickens.
Remove from flame, cool and store in air tight jar.
7 winter stews from around the world 7 winter stews from around the world Winter is here! So is the season of comfort food and nothing fits the bill more a hearty stew! Here are 7 recipes from across the globe that will warm you up and satisfy your hunger pangs on cold winter nights!
- Chocolate Burfi Recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible
- How to make Cronut Sandwich - Deep-fried cronuts
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Breakfast Burrito - Start your day on a delicious note with this tortilla burrito
- How to make Tomato Pickle
- How to make Dal Tadka
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa