Mexico, wild and barren in the north and sultry and hot in the south, offers a cuisine that reflects the culture of the country – colourful, rich, invigorating and always, always festive! The most common impression about Mexican food is that it is hot and wholesome and has many similarities with Indian food. And like Indian cuisine Mexican is not one single cuisine but many. There is a feast of flavours for the food lover as the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean teem with fish, while the adjoining regions bloom with luscious fruit like pineapple and papayas. The high plateau yields wonderful vegetables and the north is cattle country…..and to bind all these in one single string are chillies…in every shape, colour and size, from the subtle to the strong, producing a signature to Mexican cuisine.
Prep Time : 0-5 minutes
Cook time : 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Whole wheat tortilla 4
Baked beans 1 cup
Avocado ½ medium
Tomato chopped 1 medium
Yellow capsicum chopped ½ medium
Green capsicum chopped ½ medium
Grated cheese 1 cup
Sour cream 2 tablespoons
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Red chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
Salsa ¼ cup
Heat some oil in a non-stick pan, add capsicums and tomato. Toss to mix.
Add chilli flakes, crushed pepper. Toss to mix.
Add beans and mix well. Cook for a minute.
Break eggs in a bowl, add salt and whisk well.
Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan, place tortilla, place some of the egg mixture and cook till the egg is done.
Spread the baked bean mixture over it, add salsa and cheese. Mix well.
Scoop out avocado, roughly chop and add over the cheese.
Roll the tortilla and cook till done.
7 winter stews from around the world 7 winter stews from around the world Winter is here! So is the season of comfort food and nothing fits the bill more a hearty stew! Here are 7 recipes from across the globe that will warm you up and satisfy your hunger pangs on cold winter nights!
- How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- Chocolate Burfi Recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible
- How to make Cronut Sandwich - Deep-fried cronuts
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Breakfast Burrito - Start your day on a delicious note with this tortilla burrito
- How to make Tomato Pickle
- How to make Dal Tadka
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.