Also called by names like aubergine and eggplant, this purple hued fleshy vegetable is a versatile thing and fun to cook with. Dish-up a very traditional bharta with it, bake a lasagna with parmesan and eggplant or just fry it for a great accompaniment with dal-chawal, brinjal is versatile. To choose one without seeds, pick the lighter one with a smooth shiny skin.
Prep Time : 6-10 minutes
Cook time : 16-20 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Andhra Brinjal Pachadi Recipe
Brinjals 5-6 small
Oil 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds ½ teaspoon
Black grams split skinless ¼ teaspoon
Curry leaves 8-10
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Bengal gram (chana) split 1 teaspoon
Black grams split skinless ½ teaspoon
Coriander seeds ½ teaspoon
Dried red chillies 2-3
Oil ½ teaspoon
Rub ½ teaspoon oil on the brinjals and thread them on a metal skewer.
Roast over direct heat till their skin is completely charred and the brinjals are cooked. Transfer into a bowl, cover and set aside to cool.
To make spice powder, heat oil in a small non-stick pan. Add split Bengal gram, split black gram, coriander seeds and red chillies and sauté till light golden and fragrant. Remove from heat, cool and grind to a coarse powder.
Peel the roasted brinjals and cut into small cubes.
Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add split black gram and sauté till golden.
Add curry leaves and brinjals, and sauté for 1 minute. Add spice powder and sauté for 1 minute.
Add lemon juice and salt, mix well and remove from heat.
How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice mixed with chana masala and other flavourful spicesHow to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice mixed with chana masala and other flavourful spices
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- 7 winter stews from around the world
- Chocolate Burfi Recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible
- How to make Cronut Sandwich - Deep-fried cronuts
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Breakfast Burrito - Start your day on a delicious note with this tortilla burrito
- How to make Tomato Pickle
- How to make Dal Tadka
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.