Ever wondered why the phrase “say cheese” is used just before a photograph is clicked? Simply because ‘cheese’ makes one smile! Not only the word but cheese as a food makes a lot of palates happy. It is an inexpensive, versatile and nourishing food. We have our very own Indian version as well as the ones made from soy milk that are even healthier. Whichever form, this is one food that is loved by one and all!
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 11-15 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Mild
Ingredients for Cheesy Eggplant Casserole Recipe
Parmesan cheese powder 1 cup
Mozzarella cheese 250 grams
Cheddar cheese 150 grams
Eggplant / Brinjal 1 large
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Eggs beaten 2
Olive oil 2 tablespoons
Pesto sauce 1 cup
Cherry tomatoes halved 10-12
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Halve eggplant vertically into medium thick slices. Sprinkle salt and crushed peppercorns and set aside.
Add salt and crushed peppercorns to beaten eggs in a bowl and mix.
Dip the eggplant slices in the beaten eggs and press on the cheese powder.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Place the eggplant slices and cook till the cheese turns a light brown.
Arrange some of these eggplant slices in a casserole and spread some pesto on them. Top with some cherry tomatoes, grate some mozzarella and cheddar cheese over and sprinkle salt and crushed peppercorns on top. Repeat the process twice and lastly grate the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
How to make Dry Chilli Chicken How to make Dry Chilli Chicken Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily.
- How to make Indo-Chinese Pan Roasted Chicken
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Gongura Chicken Recipe Card
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible.
- How to make Hara Masala Kofta Pulao Mutton mince kofte cooked with basmati rice and green chutney very very taste.
- A Mexican snack spicy corn mixture and cheese wrapped in tortillas and baked food
- How to make Cheesy Eggplant Casserol
- How to make Palak Paneer
- How to make Ginger Chicken
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Goan Chicken Stew Chicken stew made in Goan style
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Chocolate Peda - Chocolate insinuates itself into every confection, including peda
- 7 winter stews from around the world
- How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice