Palak Paneer is a quintessential North Indian vegetarian dish made with cottage cheese and fresh spinach. Just the sight of white cubes of paneer peeping through the emerald green spinach puree will make your mouth water. Blanched and pureed spinach is cooked with select spices and the paneer is tossed in at the end. This is one of the most popular paneer recipes in India is really nutritious plus quick and simple to prepare. A sprinkling of dried fenugreek or kasuri methi and fresh cream at the end is a must to give that restaurant style vibe to it.
Prep Time : 6-10 minutes
Cook time : 11-15 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Mild
Ingredients for Palak Paneer Recipe
Spinach 900 grams
Paneer (cottage cheese) 200 grams
Green chillies 2-3
Garlic chopped 8-10 cloves
Oil 3 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Fresh cream 4 tablespoons
Remove the stems and wash spinach thoroughly in running water. Blanch in salted boiling water for two minutes.
Refresh in chilled water. Squeeze out excess water. Grind into a fine paste along with green chillies.
Cut the paneer into one inch by one inch by half inch pieces. Heat oil in a pan.
Add cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour, add garlic and sauté for half a minute.
Add the spinach puree and stir. Check seasoning.
Add water if required. When the gravy comes to a boil, add the paneer and mix well. Stir in lemon juice.
Finally add fresh cream. Serve hot.
Calories : 1350
Carbohydrates : 35.4
Protein : 57.2
Fat : 108.8
How to make Dry Chilli Chicken How to make Dry Chilli Chicken Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily.
- How to make Indo-Chinese Pan Roasted Chicken
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Gongura Chicken Recipe Card
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible.
- How to make Hara Masala Kofta Pulao Mutton mince kofte cooked with basmati rice and green chutney very very taste.
- A Mexican snack spicy corn mixture and cheese wrapped in tortillas and baked food
- How to make Cheesy Eggplant Casserol
- How to make Palak Paneer
- How to make Ginger Chicken
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Goan Chicken Stew Chicken stew made in Goan style
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Chocolate Peda - Chocolate insinuates itself into every confection, including peda
- 7 winter stews from around the world
- How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice