Sources have stated that at the 22nd World Petroleum Congress in Istanbul, Turkey, oil & gas industry stares at a dark future. And the reason is not just low price of crude oil, which is currently trading at nearly $45 a barrel, less than a third of the price 10 years ago $145 in 2008.
According to sources a grim portends of the dark future became visible just a week before the meet when Volvo had currently announced it would phase out production of petrol-only cars from 2019 in favor of electric cars. Meanwhile when speaking at the Congress, Amin Nasser, the head of Saudi Aramco, said that oil and gas would remain central to the world's supply of energy for decades to come. Moreover he believed there was a widespread agreement that even as the world moved to greater use of renewable over fossil fuels, petroleum would continue to be the heart of the energy mix.
But experts have started sounding the death knell for the oil industry and
further Stanford economist Tony Seba, known as an energy futurist, says
electric vehicles would devastate the global oil industry by 2030. Seba
predicts a catastrophe for the oil industry and according to Seba, the rise of
self-drive cars would bring down oil demand sharply which could reduce the
price of oil to $25 a barrel within 10 years.
Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished New Delhi sources have stated that to ensure smooth roll out of Goods and Service Tax, the Central Government has abolished cesses on goods and services included in the last three General Budgets viz 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18, and starting from July 1, 2017 with GST in place the government will also abolish cess on automobiles. Through Taxation Laws Amendment Act 2017, The Industries (Development and Regulation) Act 1951 Cess on Automobile will no longer be applicable.
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales
- TVS Motor Company's growth for 2017-18 is up by 10.6%
- Escenda Engineering gets 100% subsidiary of Tata Technologies Europe under the new ownership
- Around 80% Indians buys fake helmets as they go for cheaper ones
- Skoda Kodiaq equipped with AEB system that detects pedestrians
- AIIMS diesel ambulances will be fitted with GPS: Bench
- Can you identify these cars with their logos?
- Luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh
- Second shift operations at Suzuki's Gujarat plant to provide extra units to Maruti Suzuki India
- Honda Company targeting some Huge exports
- Will this Union Budget 2018 beneficiary for luxury car makers?
- Maruti is confident in adding more volumes in next 12 to 18 months
- Auto scrapping plants save India forex?