Hyderabad sources have stated that the officials of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said despite roadblocks like GST demonetization, the auto industry had managed to gather pace this fiscal growing at a higher 9-10% as compared to 7-8% last fiscal and the growth was primarily driven by high demand from the tier-II and III cities.
Arun Malhotra, senior corporate advisor, Nissan Motor India, and SIAM member, said “Till November, we have seen a growth of 9-10% and expect the numbers to remain the same this financial year. We are seeing a trend wherein small towns are growing rapidly. When we say the growth has been 9-10% nationally, the market in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, has grown by 6% but centers like Akola, Amaravati, Karimnagar have been growing at a faster clip as people too are spending more and have higher aspirations".
Moreover, Sugato Sen, deputy director general, SIAM, said, “In this edition, along with static displays of automobiles we will also have a more dynamic showcase of total mobility solutions, offering a holistic perspective of the auto industry".
Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch According to sources week before the launch of the Burgman Street, dealerships have started displaying the new scooter and accepting bookings. Some dealers have also stated the upcoming 125cc scooter is likely to be priced from Rs 68,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Deliveries are expected to begin by the end of July or early August.
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon
- New Amaze given Honda a shot in the arm
- Follow these steps for driving through floods during Rainy Season
- Volkswagen in next phase of growth