Mumbai sources have stated that Maruti Suzuki is among the world's top car makers by market capitalization, is set to close 2017 on a record high in India, where it revolutionized personal transport in the mid eighties and has largely maintained its dominance over the next three decades.
Meanwhile according to people in the know, the company may very well grab 50% of the passenger vehicle market in India for the first time on the basis of annual sales.
Further on a high base of 1.4 million units of
2016, the company has added an additional two lakh units in the domestic
market, and for the fourth year in a row, Maruti Suzuki has outpaced rivals
with 15% growth. Maruti's pace of expansion is almost three times that of
competition, and marks its highest ever annual growth in the last decade.
Will Auto scrapping plants save India forex? Panaji sources have reported that Union Steel Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh said that setting up auto-shredding plants will not only help India save foreign exchange but also preserve its natural resources like iron ore for posterity. He said "It will reduce the dependence on present annual import of scrap of 5-6 million tonnes of shredded scrap in the country. Consequently, foreign exchange outgo will also be reduced.
- Saurbh Vatsa, a General Motors veteran joined the Indian unit of Peugeot as head of marketing
- GST not imposed for second hand car by an individual
- 250 smart poles to be installed in Hubballi-Dharwad for charging Electric Vehicles
- TCS hiring by PSA aims at designing products for Hyundai and Maruti
- Italian super sports luxury carmaker said 2017 was a challenging year with impact of GST
- Planning to buy Diesel cars? But read this before getting it as they are too expensive than Petrol cars
- Skoda closes financial year 2017 by 30% growth
- EV thrust renewable energy with improved technology helps India bring down its fuel import bill
- A New Milestone for Maruti Suzuki in 2018!
- Electric Vehicle industry soon to be established in AP
- Auto industry managed to gather pace this fiscal
- So, this is the new competition for Honda?
- By 2030 Piyush Goyal holding power aims to become 100% e-vehicle nation
- Maruti Suzuki's Dzire is the most wanted car - Sales percentage has increased
- Germany's Audi abandoned plans to sell its Italian motorcycle brand Ducati