Mumbai sources have stated that Maruti Suzuki is among the world's top car makers by market capitalization, is set to close 2017 on a record high in India, where it revolutionized personal transport in the mid eighties and has largely maintained its dominance over the next three decades.
Meanwhile according to people in the know, the company may very well grab 50% of the passenger vehicle market in India for the first time on the basis of annual sales.
Further on a high base of 1.4 million units of
2016, the company has added an additional two lakh units in the domestic
market, and for the fourth year in a row, Maruti Suzuki has outpaced rivals
with 15% growth. Maruti's pace of expansion is almost three times that of
competition, and marks its highest ever annual growth in the last decade.
Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch According to sources week before the launch of the Burgman Street, dealerships have started displaying the new scooter and accepting bookings. Some dealers have also stated the upcoming 125cc scooter is likely to be priced from Rs 68,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Deliveries are expected to begin by the end of July or early August.
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon
- New Amaze given Honda a shot in the arm
- Follow these steps for driving through floods during Rainy Season
- Volkswagen in next phase of growth