According to sources it was stated that the era of the internal combustion engines (ICE) is coming to an end across the world. India, too, is gearing up for the change with road transport and highways minister Nitin Gadkari giving a deadline by 2030.
Moreover there are two big reasons for this rising vehicular pollution and concerns around oil security. Today, 65-70% of the fuel produced by a barrel of crude oil is used for transportation. The US consumes 19 million barrels of oil each day; oil provides 92% of the energy that powers its cars, trucks, ships and aircraft. It is the same for India, the world’s third largest oil importer.
Further the EV push will have dramatic implications for India’s Motown.
ICE-focused car companies and vendors will have to either reinvent or perish.
On the other hand, a rash of established companies and startups, from M&M
to Ather Energy and Chetan Maini-led Sun Mobility, will find new business opportunities.
Honda Company is targeting parts exports to the tune of Rs. 1500 Crore New Delhi sources have stated that Indian arm of Japanese car maker Honda Cars India is gunning to up its component exports from India to overseas markets. It is targeting parts exports to the tune of Rs 1500 crore in the current financial year (2017-18) up 31.57% from Rs 1140 crore posted in FY17.
- Maruti is confident in adding more volumes in next 12 to 18 months
- Auto scrapping plants save India forex?
- Saurbh Vatsa, a General Motors veteran joined the Indian unit of Peugeot as head of marketing
- GST not imposed for second hand car by an individual
- 250 smart poles to be installed in Hubballi-Dharwad for charging Electric Vehicles
- TCS hiring by PSA aims at designing products for Hyundai and Maruti
- Italian super sports luxury carmaker said 2017 was a challenging year with impact of GST
- Planning to buy Diesel cars? But read this before getting it as they are too expensive than Petrol cars
- Skoda closes financial year 2017 by 30% growth
- EV thrust renewable energy with improved technology helps India bring down its fuel import bill
- A New Milestone for Maruti Suzuki in 2018!
- Electric Vehicle industry soon to be established in AP
- Auto industry managed to gather pace this fiscal
- So, this is the new competition for Honda?
- By 2030 Piyush Goyal holding power aims to become 100% e-vehicle nation