New Delhi sources have stated that the share of diesel in hatchbacks and sedans has fallen to under a quarter, which means that more than three cars out of every four sold are now run on petrol. Meanwhile the narrowing gap between petrol and diesel fuel prices has been one of the critical factors behind the trend, which should sound like music to environmentalists and green lobbies.
Accordingly the numbers are even more encouraging as the trend comes at a time when pollution figures have been at alarming levels across many Indian cities and there have been calls for controlling vehicular emissions, especially from diesel ones.
Presently with the difference between petrol
and diesel fuel narrowing down, many people now prefer to opt for petrol
versions. Against a gap of Rs 27 around the middle of 2012, the difference in
the retail price of petrol and diesel fuel has narrowed down to only Rs 10 now.
Maruti is confident in adding more volumes in next 12 to 18 months Pune sources have stated that the country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India plans to introduce around four new products in the next 12 to 18 months to build further on five years of successive double digit sales growth. Meanwhile the company expects to close the ongoing fiscal with double digit sales growth.
- Auto scrapping plants save India forex?
- Saurbh Vatsa, a General Motors veteran joined the Indian unit of Peugeot as head of marketing
- GST not imposed for second hand car by an individual
- 250 smart poles to be installed in Hubballi-Dharwad for charging Electric Vehicles
- TCS hiring by PSA aims at designing products for Hyundai and Maruti
- Italian super sports luxury carmaker said 2017 was a challenging year with impact of GST
- Planning to buy Diesel cars? But read this before getting it as they are too expensive than Petrol cars
- Skoda closes financial year 2017 by 30% growth
- EV thrust renewable energy with improved technology helps India bring down its fuel import bill
- A New Milestone for Maruti Suzuki in 2018!
- Electric Vehicle industry soon to be established in AP
- Auto industry managed to gather pace this fiscal
- So, this is the new competition for Honda?
- By 2030 Piyush Goyal holding power aims to become 100% e-vehicle nation
- Maruti Suzuki's Dzire is the most wanted car - Sales percentage has increased