New Delhi sources have stated that the share of diesel in hatchbacks and sedans has fallen to under a quarter, which means that more than three cars out of every four sold are now run on petrol. Meanwhile the narrowing gap between petrol and diesel fuel prices has been one of the critical factors behind the trend, which should sound like music to environmentalists and green lobbies.
Accordingly the numbers are even more encouraging as the trend comes at a time when pollution figures have been at alarming levels across many Indian cities and there have been calls for controlling vehicular emissions, especially from diesel ones.
Presently with the difference between petrol
and diesel fuel narrowing down, many people now prefer to opt for petrol
versions. Against a gap of Rs 27 around the middle of 2012, the difference in
the retail price of petrol and diesel fuel has narrowed down to only Rs 10 now.
Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch According to sources week before the launch of the Burgman Street, dealerships have started displaying the new scooter and accepting bookings. Some dealers have also stated the upcoming 125cc scooter is likely to be priced from Rs 68,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Deliveries are expected to begin by the end of July or early August.
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon
- New Amaze given Honda a shot in the arm
- Follow these steps for driving through floods during Rainy Season
- Volkswagen in next phase of growth