New Delhi sources have stated that the share of diesel in hatchbacks and sedans has fallen to under a quarter, which means that more than three cars out of every four sold are now run on petrol. Meanwhile the narrowing gap between petrol and diesel fuel prices has been one of the critical factors behind the trend, which should sound like music to environmentalists and green lobbies.
Accordingly the numbers are even more encouraging as the trend comes at a time when pollution figures have been at alarming levels across many Indian cities and there have been calls for controlling vehicular emissions, especially from diesel ones.
Presently with the difference between petrol
and diesel fuel narrowing down, many people now prefer to opt for petrol
versions. Against a gap of Rs 27 around the middle of 2012, the difference in
the retail price of petrol and diesel fuel has narrowed down to only Rs 10 now.
Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14 The Indian car maker is looking to take on more than just compact SUVs such as the Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; its rivals will also include the Hyundai Creta. Bookings for the XUV300 officially opened last week (for an amount of Rs 20,000) and based on Chief of Sales & Marketing, M&M Ltd. Veejay Ram Nakra’s statement, Mahindra is likely to price the model between Rs 8-12 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 priced at 1.87 Lakh
- Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS price announced
- Nissan will officially launch their Kicks SUV on January 22, 2019
- Jawa and Forty Two models sold out till September 2019
- Tata Motors new SUV has a lot to live up to
- Mahindra XUV300 all set to launch by February 2019
- Dealers confirmed acceptance of Mahindra XUV300 bookings for about Rs 11,000
- Tata Harrier is priced between Rs 16-21 lakh to launch by January 2019
- Maruti Suzuki offers attractive discounts this year end
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Mahindra S210 Electric Vehicle launch by 2019 Middle
- Italian scooter brand Lambretta makes its debut at 2020 in India