Mumbai sources have reported that French car maker Groupe PSA has partnered with homegrown IT and engineering major Tata Consultancy Service. Together, the two will develop and engineer Groupe PSA’s ambitious emerging market Smart Car plan.
Meanwhile it is designed with a motto of ‘Be Indians in India’, TCS’ hiring by PSA is an attempt by the global conglomerate to design and develop products for Indian buyers at Indian cost and compete strongly against Maruti and Hyundai.
Accordingly TCS bagged the contract beating its Group’s sister concern
Tata Technologies. To be sure, it is not PSA alone, but Volkswagen Group has
also engaged in a discussion with the likes of Mahindra Engineering Services,
Hinduja Technologies amongst others to decide their emerging market MQB A0
Indian cities are more congested than other Asian countries New Delhi sources stated that according to the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) survey, up to 89% of people plan to buy a new car in the next five years. As per report over 79% would refrain from buying a car if ride sharing matches car ownership for affordability and convenience.
- Volkswagen luxury car maker Audi plans to launch products in double digits
- Why M&M share crashed at the end of Fiscal year 2018?
- HMSI number 1 in two wheeler makers in 15 states
- Maruti Suzuki's Super Carry Mini-truck now available across 25 states
- Vehicle numbers increasing day by day, Electric bus a remedy
- Tata Motors becomes 4th largest PV Maker this year
- New technology number plates intended to bring in uniformity across states
- Export is a key business strategy for Nissan in India
- Government extends financial support of Rs 8,730 crore for second phase of FAME India
- Incentives to battery makers for promoting electric vehicles
- Prospects of ride-sharing & private cars being allowed to operate as taxis in the country
- Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer HMSI inching closer in Indian motorcycle market
- Tata Motors sells a range of vehicles from hatchback to SUVs in India
- Volkswagen expands production of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Women entrepreneurs are good not just for biz but also for society, says Jung