Mumbai sources have reported that French car maker Groupe PSA has partnered with homegrown IT and engineering major Tata Consultancy Service. Together, the two will develop and engineer Groupe PSA’s ambitious emerging market Smart Car plan.
Meanwhile it is designed with a motto of ‘Be Indians in India’, TCS’ hiring by PSA is an attempt by the global conglomerate to design and develop products for Indian buyers at Indian cost and compete strongly against Maruti and Hyundai.
Accordingly TCS bagged the contract beating its Group’s sister concern
Tata Technologies. To be sure, it is not PSA alone, but Volkswagen Group has
also engaged in a discussion with the likes of Mahindra Engineering Services,
Hinduja Technologies amongst others to decide their emerging market MQB A0
Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14 The Indian car maker is looking to take on more than just compact SUVs such as the Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; its rivals will also include the Hyundai Creta. Bookings for the XUV300 officially opened last week (for an amount of Rs 20,000) and based on Chief of Sales & Marketing, M&M Ltd. Veejay Ram Nakra’s statement, Mahindra is likely to price the model between Rs 8-12 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 priced at 1.87 Lakh
- Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS price announced
- Nissan will officially launch their Kicks SUV on January 22, 2019
- Jawa and Forty Two models sold out till September 2019
- Tata Motors new SUV has a lot to live up to
- Mahindra XUV300 all set to launch by February 2019
- Dealers confirmed acceptance of Mahindra XUV300 bookings for about Rs 11,000
- Tata Harrier is priced between Rs 16-21 lakh to launch by January 2019
- Maruti Suzuki offers attractive discounts this year end
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Mahindra S210 Electric Vehicle launch by 2019 Middle
- Italian scooter brand Lambretta makes its debut at 2020 in India