New Delhi sources have stated that in order to promote local manufacturing, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had announced an increase in basic customs duty by 5-7.5% on cars, bikes and SUVs, which are imported as completely knocked down (CKD) units as an effect to this announcement, luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh, and this will jolt the demand of luxury cars.
On the recent announcement made by Finance Minister on the Union Budget 2018, Rahil Ansari, head, Audi India, said: “For the luxury auto sector, the Union Budget 2018-19 is a disappointing and is against the spirit of partnership. As a manufacturer, we have a core social responsibility towards our workforce and the dealer network.”
He added that Motorcycle companies like Triumph will be affected due to
the increase in tariff for CKD units and the luxury carmaker pointed that the
Budget definitely needed an inclusive view for the luxury automobile industry,
which would have helped the industry to rebound and create more jobs.
Second gen Ertiga to launch on November 21, 2018 According to sources the model is already on sale in Indonesia and the new Ertiga is wider and longer than the outgoing car but comes with the same 2,740mm wheelbase. It gets fresh styling with an angular front design, slimmer headlamps and wide wrap around tail lamps with LED elements. The model sits on Maruti's lightweight Heartect platform and is expected to be lighter and stiffer than the outgoing model.
- Time for arrival of another refreshed compact sedan Tata Tigor facelift
- Fifth generation Honda CR-V gets diesel engine for the first time
- Hyundai Santro new look to be launched
- New Ford Aspire is Rs 20,000 less than outgoing model
- Review about latest launch Mahindra Marazzo
- Ford Mustang facelift has been spotted in India
- Volkswagen reaching next phase
- S201 compact SUV launch in late 2018
- Updated TUV300 gets a crash test norms
- Cayenne available in priced from Rs 1.19 crore to Rs 1.92 crore
- Mahindra Y400 SUV likely to be priced from Rs 22 lakh
- Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer