New Delhi sources have stated that in order to promote local manufacturing, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had announced an increase in basic customs duty by 5-7.5% on cars, bikes and SUVs, which are imported as completely knocked down (CKD) units as an effect to this announcement, luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh, and this will jolt the demand of luxury cars.
On the recent announcement made by Finance Minister on the Union Budget 2018, Rahil Ansari, head, Audi India, said: “For the luxury auto sector, the Union Budget 2018-19 is a disappointing and is against the spirit of partnership. As a manufacturer, we have a core social responsibility towards our workforce and the dealer network.”
He added that Motorcycle companies like Triumph will be affected due to
the increase in tariff for CKD units and the luxury carmaker pointed that the
Budget definitely needed an inclusive view for the luxury automobile industry,
which would have helped the industry to rebound and create more jobs.
Tata new Harrier SUV launches by 2019 Accordingly the SUV, which had debuted in concept form as the H5X at the 2018 Auto Expo, is Tata’s five seat rival to the likes of the Hyundai Creta and Renault Captur, along with upcoming models like the Nissan Kicks and the production spec Kia SP SUV. The carmaker has been teasing exterior and interior details of the Harrier in the run-up to its launch, which is expected in mid-January 2019.
- Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 priced at 1.87 Lakh
- Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS price announced
- Nissan will officially launch their Kicks SUV on January 22, 2019
- Jawa and Forty Two models sold out till September 2019
- Tata Motors new SUV has a lot to live up to
- Mahindra XUV300 all set to launch by February 2019
- Dealers confirmed acceptance of Mahindra XUV300 bookings for about Rs 11,000
- Tata Harrier is priced between Rs 16-21 lakh to launch by January 2019
- Maruti Suzuki offers attractive discounts this year end
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Mahindra S210 Electric Vehicle launch by 2019 Middle