New Delhi sources have stated that in order to promote local manufacturing, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had announced an increase in basic customs duty by 5-7.5% on cars, bikes and SUVs, which are imported as completely knocked down (CKD) units as an effect to this announcement, luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh, and this will jolt the demand of luxury cars.
On the recent announcement made by Finance Minister on the Union Budget 2018, Rahil Ansari, head, Audi India, said: “For the luxury auto sector, the Union Budget 2018-19 is a disappointing and is against the spirit of partnership. As a manufacturer, we have a core social responsibility towards our workforce and the dealer network.”
He added that Motorcycle companies like Triumph will be affected due to
the increase in tariff for CKD units and the luxury carmaker pointed that the
Budget definitely needed an inclusive view for the luxury automobile industry,
which would have helped the industry to rebound and create more jobs.
Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance According to sources Honda had announced earlier this year at the Auto Expo that it'd be launching three new cars in India in FY19: the second gen Amaze is already here, the new CR-V is set to be introduced in October, and following that will be the tenth generation Civic. The Civic facelift has just been revealed, and we can confirm this is the car India will get.
- New Honda CR-V SUV with a diesel engine ready to go
- Do you wear ISI brand helmet?
- Honda WR-V Alive edition with more comfort & safety
- KTM replaces few parts of 390 Dukes
- Second Gen Honda Brio breaks cover at GIIAS 2018 in Indonesia
- Maruti Ciaz takes on likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna & Toyota Yaris
- Current-gen Civic diesel gets automatic gearbox for first time
- Maruti Suzuki's disclosure of other products don't meets new norms
- Suzuki popular Gixxer motorcycle receives major overhaul next year
- Upcoming Gixxer 250 launch probably be by next year
- Tata Nexon AMT Car available for Rs. 7.50 Lakhs
- A Temporary shut down for Honda Scooters
- RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants