New Delhi sources have stated that the National Green Tribunal (NGT) has allowed registration of diesel ambulances of the premier medical institute AIIMS which conform to BS-IV emission norms. Meanwhile a bench headed by acting Chairperson Justice U D Salvi granted the relief to the applicant after it assured the tribunal that it does not possess vehicles which were more than 10 years old.
Sources have stated that the tribunal directed the applicant to file an affidavit before the RTO that they do not possess any diesel vehicle which is more than 10 years old. Accordingly "We allow these applications directing the Transport Commissioner, Transport Department, Government of NCT Delhi to register the vehicles referred to in the applications on the condition that the new vehicles that are sought to be registered now should be BS-IV compliant”.
Moreover the NGT also directed the applicant to furnish details of
the other vehicles owned by them in the form of affidavit and made it clear
that these ambulances will be used only for carrying patients and medical
Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished New Delhi sources have stated that to ensure smooth roll out of Goods and Service Tax, the Central Government has abolished cesses on goods and services included in the last three General Budgets viz 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18, and starting from July 1, 2017 with GST in place the government will also abolish cess on automobiles. Through Taxation Laws Amendment Act 2017, The Industries (Development and Regulation) Act 1951 Cess on Automobile will no longer be applicable.
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales
- TVS Motor Company's growth for 2017-18 is up by 10.6%
- Escenda Engineering gets 100% subsidiary of Tata Technologies Europe under the new ownership
- Around 80% Indians buys fake helmets as they go for cheaper ones
- Skoda Kodiaq equipped with AEB system that detects pedestrians
- AIIMS diesel ambulances will be fitted with GPS: Bench
- Can you identify these cars with their logos?
- Luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh
- Second shift operations at Suzuki's Gujarat plant to provide extra units to Maruti Suzuki India
- Honda Company targeting some Huge exports
- Will this Union Budget 2018 beneficiary for luxury car makers?
- Maruti is confident in adding more volumes in next 12 to 18 months
- Auto scrapping plants save India forex?