Sources have stated that Indian automotive designing firm Tata Technologies has acquired Gothenburg based Escenda Engineering to significantly enhance the company’s scale and service offering in Sweden and across Europe, informed the company in an official statement and when following the acquisition, Escenda Engineering is to be established as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Technologies Europe.
It was stated that the company will maintain the same management team and full workforce under the new ownership. The acquisition is an essential component in Tata Technologies’ European growth strategy and follows the recent $26 million investment in the development of a new European Innovation and Development Centre in the UK.
Sale, Chief Operating Officer of Tata Technologies Europe, said “The
acquisition of Escenda will boost our capacity in the Nordics as well as our
capabilities in the automotive sector, where we already support a range of
global OEMS. The acquisition is a transformational development in an important
growing European market”. Escenda has more than 150 engineers and the company’s
revenue has grown by approximately 230% across the last four years. The company
has a long relationship with Volvo cars.
Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch According to sources week before the launch of the Burgman Street, dealerships have started displaying the new scooter and accepting bookings. Some dealers have also stated the upcoming 125cc scooter is likely to be priced from Rs 68,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Deliveries are expected to begin by the end of July or early August.
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon
- New Amaze given Honda a shot in the arm
- Follow these steps for driving through floods during Rainy Season
- Volkswagen in next phase of growth