Sources have stated that the latest vehicles crash tested by European New Car Assessment Program or Euro NCAP includes new products like Skoda Kodiaq SUV, New generation Suzuki Swift, new Nissan Micra and Mini Countryman. Most of these cars faired well and the crash test results are not disappointing. The differences come in the fitment of advanced driver assistance systems. The Skoda Kodiaq is equipped as standard with an AEB system that detects pedestrians as well as other cars.
Meanwhile the Euro NCAP Secretary General, Michiel van Ratingen, said, “Euro NCAP started rewarding AEB pedestrian systems last year and we have seen a rapid uptake of the technology. We hope to see as fast an adoption of AEB systems that detect cyclists when tests of those systems form part of the rating next year."
NCAP tested standard variant of Suzuki Swift and the one with safety pack, the
new generation Swift is currently on sale in few of the European markets.
Suzuki Swift (Standard variant) scored three stars safety ratings in the crash
test and Euro NCAP says that the car scored 83% in adult occupant safety and
75% in child safety. The variant with safety pack got an overall four star
rating, 88% in adult occupant safety and 75% in child safety.
Prospects of ride-sharing & private cars being allowed to operate as taxis in the country New Delhi sources stated that taxi permits may be liberalized so that private cars can easily be converted and used as taxis by service aggregators,” set up to formulate an action plan to reform the country’s transport system and make it less polluting. As per the report finalized by the panel, which included representatives of various ministries and the Niti Aayog government think tank, the report makes it clear that passenger safety needs to be ensured under such a regime and has to be address
- Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer HMSI inching closer in Indian motorcycle market
- Tata Motors sells a range of vehicles from hatchback to SUVs in India
- Volkswagen expands production of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Women entrepreneurs are good not just for biz but also for society, says Jung
- US impact India export goods to America
- Renault & alliance partner Nissan discussing plans for a closer tie-up with Japanese car maker
- Honda Cars exports 1.6L Diesel Engine to Thailand
- AP aggressively takes a lead in the country by introducing 1 lakh electric vehicles
- Koda Kodiaq with an AEB system detects pedestrians as well
- Toyota Kirloskar Motors showed gradual increase in February 2018 sales
- Tata Motors says Jaguar Land Rover cannot be listed
- Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales