Sources have stated that the latest vehicles crash tested by European New Car Assessment Program or Euro NCAP includes new products like Skoda Kodiaq SUV, New generation Suzuki Swift, new Nissan Micra and Mini Countryman. Most of these cars faired well and the crash test results are not disappointing. The differences come in the fitment of advanced driver assistance systems. The Skoda Kodiaq is equipped as standard with an AEB system that detects pedestrians as well as other cars.
Meanwhile the Euro NCAP Secretary General, Michiel van Ratingen, said, “Euro NCAP started rewarding AEB pedestrian systems last year and we have seen a rapid uptake of the technology. We hope to see as fast an adoption of AEB systems that detect cyclists when tests of those systems form part of the rating next year."
NCAP tested standard variant of Suzuki Swift and the one with safety pack, the
new generation Swift is currently on sale in few of the European markets.
Suzuki Swift (Standard variant) scored three stars safety ratings in the crash
test and Euro NCAP says that the car scored 83% in adult occupant safety and
75% in child safety. The variant with safety pack got an overall four star
rating, 88% in adult occupant safety and 75% in child safety.
Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater Accordingly current gen Hyundai Tucson is in the middle of its life-cycle with a face lift due in India next year the Korean company is already at a fairly advanced stage in the design and development of the next generation Tucson, which is set to make its global debut in 2021.
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance