New Delhi sources have stated that the Indian arm of Japanese car maker, Honda Cars India will for the first time commence exports of the fully assembled 1.6L diesel engine from its Tapukara plant in Rajasthan. Exports start from July this year.
It was stated that another first to the car maker’s credit will be making the complete 1.6L diesel engine in India as currently it does not have any product that is powered by this specific diesel motor in the local market. This news was confirmed to the sources close to the development.
Meanwhile the first market the diesel engine will be headed for will
be Thailand where Honda has a large manufacturing set up for
designing, developing and manufacturing vehicle platforms. Thailand is also a
large automotive market and hence the need for the higher displacement diesel
motor, in an India like market.
Mahindra Y400 SUV likely to be priced from Rs 22 lakh According to report the Marazzo MPV was recently launched on September 3, 2018 and dealers wanted the MPV to enjoy more floor-space as the brand’s newest launch before introducing more new products. By launching the Y400 on October 9, Mahindra would essentially leave only around a month-long gap between both launches. The Mahindra Prime Zone, as reported by us earlier, will cater to the brand’s newer launches like the Marazzo MPV and the Y400 SUV.
- Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options