New Delhi sources have stated that the Indian arm of Japanese car maker, Honda Cars India will for the first time commence exports of the fully assembled 1.6L diesel engine from its Tapukara plant in Rajasthan. Exports start from July this year.
It was stated that another first to the car maker’s credit will be making the complete 1.6L diesel engine in India as currently it does not have any product that is powered by this specific diesel motor in the local market. This news was confirmed to the sources close to the development.
Meanwhile the first market the diesel engine will be headed for will
be Thailand where Honda has a large manufacturing set up for
designing, developing and manufacturing vehicle platforms. Thailand is also a
large automotive market and hence the need for the higher displacement diesel
motor, in an India like market.
Prospects of ride-sharing & private cars being allowed to operate as taxis in the country New Delhi sources stated that taxi permits may be liberalized so that private cars can easily be converted and used as taxis by service aggregators,” set up to formulate an action plan to reform the country’s transport system and make it less polluting. As per the report finalized by the panel, which included representatives of various ministries and the Niti Aayog government think tank, the report makes it clear that passenger safety needs to be ensured under such a regime and has to be address
- Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer HMSI inching closer in Indian motorcycle market
- Tata Motors sells a range of vehicles from hatchback to SUVs in India
- Volkswagen expands production of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Women entrepreneurs are good not just for biz but also for society, says Jung
- US impact India export goods to America
- Renault & alliance partner Nissan discussing plans for a closer tie-up with Japanese car maker
- Honda Cars exports 1.6L Diesel Engine to Thailand
- AP aggressively takes a lead in the country by introducing 1 lakh electric vehicles
- Koda Kodiaq with an AEB system detects pedestrians as well
- Toyota Kirloskar Motors showed gradual increase in February 2018 sales
- Tata Motors says Jaguar Land Rover cannot be listed
- Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales