London sources have stated that Renault alliance partner Nissan are discussing plans for a closer tie-up in which the Japanese carmaker would acquire the bulk of the French state's 15% Renault holding. Meanwhile the carmakers are in talks with government officials over proposals by Renault-Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn that would see Paris give up influence at Renault and the French carmaker relinquish control over Nissan.
But any deal still faces significant hurdles not least its extreme political sensitivity in France and has yet to win government approval, they said. Moreover to do so, it must balance French and Japanese interests, avoiding the appearance of a takeover.
He added "Any discussion about a share
transaction involving Renault, Nissan or the French state is pure
speculation," Renault-Nissan spokesman Jonathan Adashek said. The alliance
"has no plans to change the cross-shareholding ratio of its member
companies". Further the French government officials did not return calls
and messages seeking comment.
Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon Accordingly Cab aggregator Ola Cabs is set to incorporate the Tata Nano based Jayem Neo EV in its fleet. The first batch of Jayem Neo EVs for Ola Cabs will comprise 400 units. Meanwhile the photos of the Jayem Neo EV with Ola Cabs stickers from Hyderabad suggest the model will be rolled-out first in the city. The Neo will be added to the Ola Cabs fleet in other cities, in time.
- New Amaze given Honda a shot in the arm
- Follow these steps for driving through floods during Rainy Season
- Volkswagen in next phase of growth
- By this yearend Nissan catapults its first EV in India
- Maruti Suzuki makes record in production milestone
- Expected price of Electric Scooter in India
- Tata Power to set up EV charging stations
- Overloaded vehicles not to be allowed from June 15
- Volvo Cars plans to double segment share in India by 2025
- Demand for diesel vehicles expected to fall 35 - 36% by 2019
- Why Tata Motors stopped production of Indica and Indigo?
- Launch of Hyundai Creta facelift for 9.44 Lakh
- JK Tyre added two OEMs of the segment
- Countries already set targets to reduce CO2 Emission from Trucks
- Buyers of electric two wheelers get incentive