New Delhi sources reported that while India is witnessing a growing interest in shifting to electric mobility, especially buses, experts feel that supporting infrastructure will have to keep pace with the growth in the number of such vehicles in the coming years.
Accordingly one of the reasons behind the growing interest is the Centre’s initiatives to incentivize electric mobility. Presently under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) scheme, the Centre subsidizes 60% of the total cost of an electric bus, and has already sanctioned 390 buses in 11 cities.
Further the experts at a three-day ‘Connect Karo’ conclave organized
by World Resources Institute, India, however, said that with each bus costing
Rs 1.7 crore to 2.5 crore, the capital cost of inducting these vehicles in a
city’s public transport fleet was very high despite the subsidies
Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater Accordingly current gen Hyundai Tucson is in the middle of its life-cycle with a face lift due in India next year the Korean company is already at a fairly advanced stage in the design and development of the next generation Tucson, which is set to make its global debut in 2021.
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance