New Delhi sources reported that while India is witnessing a growing interest in shifting to electric mobility, especially buses, experts feel that supporting infrastructure will have to keep pace with the growth in the number of such vehicles in the coming years.
Accordingly one of the reasons behind the growing interest is the Centre’s initiatives to incentivize electric mobility. Presently under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) scheme, the Centre subsidizes 60% of the total cost of an electric bus, and has already sanctioned 390 buses in 11 cities.
Further the experts at a three-day ‘Connect Karo’ conclave organized
by World Resources Institute, India, however, said that with each bus costing
Rs 1.7 crore to 2.5 crore, the capital cost of inducting these vehicles in a
city’s public transport fleet was very high despite the subsidies
Volkswagen luxury car maker Audi plans to launch products in double digits Bengaluru sources stated that India’s tax structure is unfair to luxury car makers that want to make big investment here. Meanwhile despite that, the German automaker will continue to invest here, with its focus now turning to products in the volume segment.
- Why M&M share crashed at the end of Fiscal year 2018?
- HMSI number 1 in two wheeler makers in 15 states
- Maruti Suzuki's Super Carry Mini-truck now available across 25 states
- Vehicle numbers increasing day by day, Electric bus a remedy
- Tata Motors becomes 4th largest PV Maker this year
- New technology number plates intended to bring in uniformity across states
- Export is a key business strategy for Nissan in India
- Government extends financial support of Rs 8,730 crore for second phase of FAME India
- Incentives to battery makers for promoting electric vehicles
- Prospects of ride-sharing & private cars being allowed to operate as taxis in the country
- Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer HMSI inching closer in Indian motorcycle market
- Tata Motors sells a range of vehicles from hatchback to SUVs in India
- Volkswagen expands production of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Women entrepreneurs are good not just for biz but also for society, says Jung
- US impact India export goods to America