According to sources Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) is quietly gaining presence in the light commercial vehicle (LCV) space with its super Carry mini-truck registering over ten-fold jump in sales in 2017-18. Meanwhile the company, which launched Super Carry in September 2016, sold 10,033 units of the model in the fiscal ended March 31, 2018, as against just 900 units in 2016-17.
Accordingly MSI had taken a slow and steady approach in terms of expanding in the 700 kg payload mini truck segment, where it competes with Tata Ace, M&M Supro and Piaggio Porter. Moreover starting LCV sales in 2016 in select cities, the company has expanded across the country to over 190 sales outlets at the end of March 2018.
Moreover a spokesperson of MSI said "This pan India spread of sales
network in 159 cities, combined with excellent product response helped us sell
an average of over 1,000 units a month in the past 6 months," the
spokesperson said, adding that positive feedback from customers also helped in
higher volumes of sales.
Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019 Accordingly with the introduction of the Outlander, the Japanese carmaker broke that dry spell, but it's looking to make a comeback on the back of an SUV heavy line-up. Meanwhile when spearheading that comeback will be the third generation Pajero Sport, a product that has already been a long time coming. We can now confirm the butch SUV will finally go on sale in India only in late 2019.
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance
- New Honda CR-V SUV with a diesel engine ready to go