According to sources Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) is quietly gaining presence in the light commercial vehicle (LCV) space with its super Carry mini-truck registering over ten-fold jump in sales in 2017-18. Meanwhile the company, which launched Super Carry in September 2016, sold 10,033 units of the model in the fiscal ended March 31, 2018, as against just 900 units in 2016-17.
Accordingly MSI had taken a slow and steady approach in terms of expanding in the 700 kg payload mini truck segment, where it competes with Tata Ace, M&M Supro and Piaggio Porter. Moreover starting LCV sales in 2016 in select cities, the company has expanded across the country to over 190 sales outlets at the end of March 2018.
Moreover a spokesperson of MSI said "This pan India spread of sales
network in 159 cities, combined with excellent product response helped us sell
an average of over 1,000 units a month in the past 6 months," the
spokesperson said, adding that positive feedback from customers also helped in
higher volumes of sales.
Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch According to sources week before the launch of the Burgman Street, dealerships have started displaying the new scooter and accepting bookings. Some dealers have also stated the upcoming 125cc scooter is likely to be priced from Rs 68,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Deliveries are expected to begin by the end of July or early August.
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon
- New Amaze given Honda a shot in the arm
- Follow these steps for driving through floods during Rainy Season
- Volkswagen in next phase of growth