According to report almost six and half years since the bumper XUV 500, a runaway success seems to have eluded Mahindra. Meanwhile it lost its position as India’s largest utility vehicle (UV) manufacturer to Maruti Suzuki, a rival that has traditionally been strong in passenger cars. Accordingly the nimbler Ford, Renault and even Jeep have capitalized on the compact segment against the once poster boy for homegrown SUVs with Ecosport, Duster, S-Cross and Compass.
Meanwhile the cross town rivals Tata Motors too have edged past to reclaim the leadership position in the small commercial vehicle (CV) and pick-up truck segment (up to 3.5 tonne) after a gap of two years, albeit marginally. Further it fast turned into over dependence on legacy products Scorpio, Bolero and XUV.
Moreover the last five years, while automotive business revenues have
grown 12%, Mahindra profits have almost halved to Rs 1,412 crore in FY17, as
against as Rs 2,596 crore at end of FY13. Currently operating margins too have
been under pressure down to 4.41% at end of FY17, from 9.14% for FY13. Earlier
60% of the company’s profits came from the flagship automotive business and
last year (FY17), it’s almost halved to 36% as demand for tractors gains ground.
RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales According to sources Akrapovic Racing Line full system exhaust designed for the BMW G 310 R for your TVS Apache RR 310. Meanwhile additionally, the bike will also shed over 4kg thanks to the lighter materials being used. Akrapovic is one of the best known brands in the world for high-end exhaust systems and, like the rest of its products, this one doesn’t come cheap. This carbon-fibre exhaust you see in the photos retails for Rs 55,000 (inclusive of taxes) at the Performance Racing Store in
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon
- New Amaze given Honda a shot in the arm
- Follow these steps for driving through floods during Rainy Season