According to report almost six and half years since the bumper XUV 500, a runaway success seems to have eluded Mahindra. Meanwhile it lost its position as India’s largest utility vehicle (UV) manufacturer to Maruti Suzuki, a rival that has traditionally been strong in passenger cars. Accordingly the nimbler Ford, Renault and even Jeep have capitalized on the compact segment against the once poster boy for homegrown SUVs with Ecosport, Duster, S-Cross and Compass.
Meanwhile the cross town rivals Tata Motors too have edged past to reclaim the leadership position in the small commercial vehicle (CV) and pick-up truck segment (up to 3.5 tonne) after a gap of two years, albeit marginally. Further it fast turned into over dependence on legacy products Scorpio, Bolero and XUV.
Moreover the last five years, while automotive business revenues have
grown 12%, Mahindra profits have almost halved to Rs 1,412 crore in FY17, as
against as Rs 2,596 crore at end of FY13. Currently operating margins too have
been under pressure down to 4.41% at end of FY17, from 9.14% for FY13. Earlier
60% of the company’s profits came from the flagship automotive business and
last year (FY17), it’s almost halved to 36% as demand for tractors gains ground.
Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019 Accordingly with the introduction of the Outlander, the Japanese carmaker broke that dry spell, but it's looking to make a comeback on the back of an SUV heavy line-up. Meanwhile when spearheading that comeback will be the third generation Pajero Sport, a product that has already been a long time coming. We can now confirm the butch SUV will finally go on sale in India only in late 2019.
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance
- New Honda CR-V SUV with a diesel engine ready to go