New Delhi sources stated that the auto sector has started the new financial year 2018 to 19 with a strong sales growth of 17.44% 2379718 units in the domestic market, according to the latest SIAM data. Meanwhile passenger vehicles grew 7.50% to 298,504 units, the highest growth was witnessed by the van segment up utility vehicles came next with a step up of 11.92 percent and passenger cars grew marginally at 4.89%.
Commercial vehicles posted a robust 75.95% uptick to 72,993 units with, MHCVs leading the attack with a sales growth of 169.26% to 28,547 units while LCVs recorded a sales step up of 43.92% to 44,446 units. Further in the MHCV segment, passenger carriers were up 14.95% while goods carriers grew 214.61% on a low base of last year.
the LCV segment passenger carriers posted a double digit growth of 30.18
percent while goods carriers were up 45.61%.
Why Tata Motors stopped production of Indica and Indigo? New Delhi sources stated that Home-grown automaker Tata Motors has stopped the production of its compact sedan Indigo and compact hatchback Indica impacted by low sales and stiff competition in the segment, according to a company executive close to the development.
- Launch of Hyundai Creta facelift for 9.44 Lakh
- JK Tyre added two OEMs of the segment
- Countries already set targets to reduce CO2 Emission from Trucks
- Buyers of electric two wheelers get incentive
- PV Sales growth increases by 17.44%
- Honda Scooter plant be temporarily shut for
- Tata Motors betting big on rural market & younger customer to drive growth
- Honda Cars in preparation of launch of all new Amaze by May 2018
- Cars to be launched this Forthcoming May 2018
- Centre postpones mandatory requirement to GPS equipment to all public transport vehicles till April 1, 2019
- Skoda plans to launch budget car in India
- Maruti Suzuki & Mahindra & Mahindra likely to bring new buyers to segment
- Maruti Suzuki crossover gets new lease of life with last year face lift
- Indian cities are more congested than other Asian countries
- Volkswagen luxury car maker Audi plans to launch products in double digits