New Delhi sources reported that part of a Rs 9,400-crore package for electric and hybrid vehicles, the government may offer incentives of up to Rs 2.5 lakh to those scrapping old petrol- or diesel-fired vehicles along with sops for investment to manufacture parts such as motors in the country. Meanwhile the buyers of electric two-wheelers that cost up to Rs 1.5 lakh will get incentives of around Rs 30,000, a draft policy formulated by the government has proposed.
Accordingly there are, however, more sops for cab aggregates and bus fleet owners. Moreover the buyers of electric cars, which will run as taxis, are expected to get sops of Rs 1-5-2.5 lakh for vehicles that cost up to Rs 15 lakh.
As per report the same sops will be available to individuals buying
electric cars, provided they scrap their pre-BS III vehicles and get a certificate
from the approved scrapping centre. Furthermore the plan awaiting government
approval is likely to come as a major setback to the automobile industry,
which is working out its strategy based on the assumption that the Centre will
offer incentives to make all types of electric vehicles more attractive.
Tata Nexon AMT Car available for Rs. 7.50 Lakhs According to latest report Tata has launched the mid-spec, AMT equipped Nexon XMA at Rs 7.50 lakh and Rs 8.53 lakh depending on whether you want the petrol engine or the diesel motor under the hood. The Indian brand introduced the Nexon AMT in May (only available in the top-spec XZA+ trim), priced from Rs 9.41 lakh for the petrol and Rs 10.39 lakh for the diesel.
- A Temporary shut down for Honda Scooters
- RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon