New Delhi sources reported that part of a Rs 9,400-crore package for electric and hybrid vehicles, the government may offer incentives of up to Rs 2.5 lakh to those scrapping old petrol- or diesel-fired vehicles along with sops for investment to manufacture parts such as motors in the country. Meanwhile the buyers of electric two-wheelers that cost up to Rs 1.5 lakh will get incentives of around Rs 30,000, a draft policy formulated by the government has proposed.
Accordingly there are, however, more sops for cab aggregates and bus fleet owners. Moreover the buyers of electric cars, which will run as taxis, are expected to get sops of Rs 1-5-2.5 lakh for vehicles that cost up to Rs 15 lakh.
As per report the same sops will be available to individuals buying
electric cars, provided they scrap their pre-BS III vehicles and get a certificate
from the approved scrapping centre. Furthermore the plan awaiting government
approval is likely to come as a major setback to the automobile industry,
which is working out its strategy based on the assumption that the Centre will
offer incentives to make all types of electric vehicles more attractive.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes