Brussels sources added that the European Union executive will propose at least a 30 percent reduction target for CO2 emissions from trucks by 2030, an EU source said on Monday, as the bloc seeks to slash greenhouse gas emissions. Meanwhile the target will be the first ever CO2 standard for trucks in the EU, which has no limits on what accounts for almost one quarter of the bloc's transport-related emissions.
Further countries such as the United States, China, Japan and Canada have already set targets to reduce CO2 emissions from trucks. Meanwhile the environmental campaigners alongside France and some other EU governments have pushed for an ambitious CO2 reduction target of at least 24% for 2025 and 34-45% for 2030.
Furthermore the Commission will also propose
an intermediary target of 15% and would introduce an incentive system of
credits to reward manufacturers who invest more in low-carbon technologies.
Moreover credits would be allowed to relax manufacturer's annual CO2 targets
for heavy duty vehicles by no more than 3%, while for buses, coaches
and small lorries by 1.5%.
Interior for Maruti Suzuki Ertiga revealed According to sources Maruti Suzuki has started dispatching stocks of the second-gen Ertiga to its dealers. And as confirmed by us recently, the new MPV will be sold via Maruti’s Arena dealership chain and not Nexa. Prices for the second-gen Maruti Ertiga will be revealed on November 21, 2018.
- Interior for Maruti Suzuki Ertiga revealed
- Royal Enfield First Modern Twin Cylinder Bikes launched on November 14
- Hyundai Verna diesel now priced from Rs 9.29 lakh launched
- Launch of bikes Hero Xpulse 200, 200T by 2019
- Powerful Volkswagen Virtus GTS comes with a unique equipment
- Details of Mahindra's new Fortuner rival, the Alturas SUV
- Some comparison between Hero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- All new SUV to make its debut in late 2021
- Price announcement for Tata's new SUV Harrier by January 2019
- Mahindra adds final touch to S201 to be launched by 2019
- Hyundai finally launched much-awaited budget hatchback Santro
- Launch of Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP by October 26
- Audi Q5 Petrol gets a launch pad
- Kicks SUV for India launch in early 2019
- Bookings for Tata Harrier are currently open