Brussels sources added that the European Union executive will propose at least a 30 percent reduction target for CO2 emissions from trucks by 2030, an EU source said on Monday, as the bloc seeks to slash greenhouse gas emissions. Meanwhile the target will be the first ever CO2 standard for trucks in the EU, which has no limits on what accounts for almost one quarter of the bloc's transport-related emissions.
Further countries such as the United States, China, Japan and Canada have already set targets to reduce CO2 emissions from trucks. Meanwhile the environmental campaigners alongside France and some other EU governments have pushed for an ambitious CO2 reduction target of at least 24% for 2025 and 34-45% for 2030.
Furthermore the Commission will also propose
an intermediary target of 15% and would introduce an incentive system of
credits to reward manufacturers who invest more in low-carbon technologies.
Moreover credits would be allowed to relax manufacturer's annual CO2 targets
for heavy duty vehicles by no more than 3%, while for buses, coaches
and small lorries by 1.5%.
Upcoming Gixxer 250 launch probably be by next year According to sources rumors of a 250cc Suzuki motorcycle for the Indian market have been doing the rounds for the past few years. Presently Indian bikers wanted a 250cc motorcycle developed for our market with competitive pricing and the Inazuma was not that motorcycle, but the Japanese brand has been working hard over the past few years on such a product and will be launching a new 250cc motorcycle in India, next year.
- Tata Nexon AMT Car available for Rs. 7.50 Lakhs
- A Temporary shut down for Honda Scooters
- RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates