According to sources Volkswagen has been in a bit of a limbo, of late and the car maker has had no new mass market products for quite some time, and the lack of buzz around the brand is reflected in the sales figures. Meanwhile in 2017-18, VW sold all of 45,329 units in India, down 9.4% on its performance the year before. Further the car maker also ended the last fiscal with market share dropping to a mere 1.38% in the Indian passenger car market.
Meanwhile Volkswagen’s arrangement with Skoda that will have the Czech car maker lead product development for the two brands in India promises much, but is yet to be green-lighted by the VW Group board. And even if the product partnership goes ahead as planned, the first of the new wave of VWs for India is still a few years away.
Moreover on the product front, the car maker will rely on model updates to
keep customer interest alive, but will also tweak its approach to sales. Furthermore
when citing the example of the compact sedan segment, Steffen Knapp, director,
VW Passenger Cars, spoke to Autocar India of a more ‘regionalized’ approach.
“Private customers in cities like Mumbai, where we have a big presence, are not
running for compact sedan models because they perceive these as taxis. We have
to realize that the compact sedan category is much more popular in the Tier-2
Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month According to sources Mahindra's upcoming MPV finally has its official name it's called the Marazzo. Meanwhile he Marazzo name has been derived from a word in the Basque language, which translates to ‘shark’ in English. Accordingly the Marazzo is the first Mahindra passenger vehicle to be co-developed by its Research Valley, in Chennai, and its North American Technical Centre, and has been co-designed by Pininfarina and Mahindra’s Kandivali design studio, in Mumbai.
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance
- New Honda CR-V SUV with a diesel engine ready to go
- Do you wear ISI brand helmet?
- Honda WR-V Alive edition with more comfort & safety
- KTM replaces few parts of 390 Dukes
- Second Gen Honda Brio breaks cover at GIIAS 2018 in Indonesia
- Maruti Ciaz takes on likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna & Toyota Yaris
- Current-gen Civic diesel gets automatic gearbox for first time
- Maruti Suzuki's disclosure of other products don't meets new norms
- Suzuki popular Gixxer motorcycle receives major overhaul next year
- Upcoming Gixxer 250 launch probably be by next year
- Tata Nexon AMT Car available for Rs. 7.50 Lakhs
- A Temporary shut down for Honda Scooters
- RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales