According to sources Volkswagen has been in a bit of a limbo, of late and the car maker has had no new mass market products for quite some time, and the lack of buzz around the brand is reflected in the sales figures. Meanwhile in 2017-18, VW sold all of 45,329 units in India, down 9.4% on its performance the year before. Further the car maker also ended the last fiscal with market share dropping to a mere 1.38% in the Indian passenger car market.
Meanwhile Volkswagen’s arrangement with Skoda that will have the Czech car maker lead product development for the two brands in India promises much, but is yet to be green-lighted by the VW Group board. And even if the product partnership goes ahead as planned, the first of the new wave of VWs for India is still a few years away.
Moreover on the product front, the car maker will rely on model updates to
keep customer interest alive, but will also tweak its approach to sales. Furthermore
when citing the example of the compact sedan segment, Steffen Knapp, director,
VW Passenger Cars, spoke to Autocar India of a more ‘regionalized’ approach.
“Private customers in cities like Mumbai, where we have a big presence, are not
running for compact sedan models because they perceive these as taxis. We have
to realize that the compact sedan category is much more popular in the Tier-2
Mahindra has begun dispatching the refreshed TUV300 to its dealerships Reportedly first pictures of the updated SUV reaching the stockyards have surfaced online. The TUV300 is on sale since 2015 in the Indian market and has seen only a mediocre success. We can confirm that the new TUV300 is expected to be sold with only a 100hp, 1.5-litre, three-cylinder diesel engine, mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Sources tell us that the 80hp variant of the same engine
- Fourth-gen Santa Fe SUV gets a 100mm & styling
- Waiting for Jeep Compass Trailhawk has been a fairly long one
- Minor update for Toyota Fortuner & Innova Crysta brings new color options and more
- New Hyundai Creta EX sits above the Creta E+ engine options
- New Jeep Compass Sport Plus launched
- Honda Cars makes record in March 2019
- 2019 Hexa offered with new color options & 7.0-inch touch screen infotainment
- Hyundai VENUE symbolizes a 3rd SPACE which is trendy
- How to protect your Car from Hot Summer?
- Suzuki revealed Ertiga Sport
- BMW confirmed fastback design will not be introduced on next-gen 3-series
- Skoda Octavia Corporate Edition catapulted
- India's first Citroen model to be catapulted by April 3
- Mahindra Bolero to get ABS as standard from March
- Suzuki Ertiga first images released ahead of its March 23 reveal