According to sources on the face of it, the new ruling that bans non-ISI helmets is certainly worth celebrating. The average Indian motorcyclist (read commuter) has failed to show an inclination towards spending some money to protect what one would generally assume is a rather important part of the human body. So it’s commendable that the government is stepping in and finally eradicating the option of atrociously cheap ‘roadside’ helmets that cost a few hundred rupees.
After all, injecting heroin into your veins is bad for your well-being, and so is loosely placing a flimsy piece of plastic on your head when travelling at speeds that the human body never evolved to move at. Now it’s easy to scoff at the ISI mark by the BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards), but you will be surprised to know that the actual rules that govern the Indian helmet safety standards are not the eyewash you imagine.
Every helmet maker out there knows that making a lighter helmet is desirable, and you know for sure that they would if they could. But there is only a certain point to which you can make a helmet lighter without compromising its ability to protect.
Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options As per report the variant break-up of the upcoming refreshed Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has leaked online. Meanwhile the facelift for the mid-size sedan, scheduled to launch on August 20, will be available in the same four trim levels as the pre-facelift model Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Accordingly the leak also confirms that the Ciaz facelift will get a mild-hybrid system, which Maruti calls Smart Hybrid, on the new 1.5 litre petrol engine and the 1.3-litre diesel motor.
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance
- New Honda CR-V SUV with a diesel engine ready to go
- Do you wear ISI brand helmet?
- Honda WR-V Alive edition with more comfort & safety
- KTM replaces few parts of 390 Dukes
- Second Gen Honda Brio breaks cover at GIIAS 2018 in Indonesia
- Maruti Ciaz takes on likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna & Toyota Yaris
- Current-gen Civic diesel gets automatic gearbox for first time
- Maruti Suzuki's disclosure of other products don't meets new norms
- Suzuki popular Gixxer motorcycle receives major overhaul next year
- Upcoming Gixxer 250 launch probably be by next year
- Tata Nexon AMT Car available for Rs. 7.50 Lakhs
- A Temporary shut down for Honda Scooters
- RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch