According to sources on the face of it, the new ruling that bans non-ISI helmets is certainly worth celebrating. The average Indian motorcyclist (read commuter) has failed to show an inclination towards spending some money to protect what one would generally assume is a rather important part of the human body. So it’s commendable that the government is stepping in and finally eradicating the option of atrociously cheap ‘roadside’ helmets that cost a few hundred rupees.
After all, injecting heroin into your veins is bad for your well-being, and so is loosely placing a flimsy piece of plastic on your head when travelling at speeds that the human body never evolved to move at. Now it’s easy to scoff at the ISI mark by the BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards), but you will be surprised to know that the actual rules that govern the Indian helmet safety standards are not the eyewash you imagine.
Every helmet maker out there knows that making a lighter helmet is desirable, and you know for sure that they would if they could. But there is only a certain point to which you can make a helmet lighter without compromising its ability to protect.
Hyundai Venue subcompact SUV be launched next month in India Pulling the wraps off its highly anticipated offering, Hyundai Motor India has unveiled the all-new Venue subcompact SUV in the country. The India reveal of the new Hyundai Venue coincides with the global debut at the 2019 New York International Auto Show. The all-new offering marks the Korean car maker's entry in the subcompact SUV space among others.
- Mahindra has begun dispatching the refreshed TUV300 to its dealerships
- Fourth-gen Santa Fe SUV gets a 100mm & styling
- Waiting for Jeep Compass Trailhawk has been a fairly long one
- Minor update for Toyota Fortuner & Innova Crysta brings new color options and more
- New Hyundai Creta EX sits above the Creta E+ engine options
- New Jeep Compass Sport Plus launched
- Honda Cars makes record in March 2019
- 2019 Hexa offered with new color options & 7.0-inch touch screen infotainment
- Hyundai VENUE symbolizes a 3rd SPACE which is trendy
- How to protect your Car from Hot Summer?
- Suzuki revealed Ertiga Sport
- BMW confirmed fastback design will not be introduced on next-gen 3-series
- Skoda Octavia Corporate Edition catapulted
- India's first Citroen model to be catapulted by April 3
- Mahindra Bolero to get ABS as standard from March