According to sources Mitsubishi may have taken a long time to introduce new products in India, but it looks like things are about to change. Meanwhile after the outlander, the next big launch from Mitsubishi India will be the Eclipse Cross a new five seat SUV that's already on sale abroad.
Furthermore when speaking to media on the sidelines of the launch of the Outlander, Uttam Bose, Managing Director, Mitsubishi India, confirmed the Eclipse Cross is indeed being readied for the Indian market. Post the addition of certain features mandated by Indian regulations, the Eclipse Cross will be launched in 2020. Accordingly "Of the products in the pipeline, the launch of the Eclipse Cross will take place sooner. It already has BS-VI-compliant engines, we just need to incorporate the OBD-II, a seat belt reminder system and a speed alert system. They are planning to launch the Eclipse Cross by 2020."
Further the Eclipse Cross is based on a modified
version of the platform that underpins the Outlander. Size wise, it's a shade
bigger than both, the Jeep Compass as well as the Hyundai Creta. The Eclipse
Cross sports a bold, chrome heavy face, a coupe like roofline and a
split-tailgate design that'll doubtless polarize opinion.
Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater Accordingly current gen Hyundai Tucson is in the middle of its life-cycle with a face lift due in India next year the Korean company is already at a fairly advanced stage in the design and development of the next generation Tucson, which is set to make its global debut in 2021.
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance