Maruti Suzuki has just unveiled a prototype electric vehicle at the ongoing MOVE Summit in New Delhi. While the company has not revealed any model name, only calling it only a prototype EV, the model showcased has similar styling to the Japanese spec WagonR and it is safe to expect the production version to bear quite a few similarities.
The model showcased at the event has design cues that are shared with standard WagonR sold in the Japanese domestic market, which has been on sale since January 2017. The WagonR EV gets split headlamps and, despite being an EV, it also features a huge two part grille. The front bumper also gets a huge grille section.
Maruti will launch the WagonR EV in the Indian market in April 2020. The
company has not yet revealed specifications of the India bound model, or where
the components have been sourced from. However, the vehicle shown at the event
stood on MRF tyres. Maruti had stated earlier that the WagonR EV is likely to
cost more than twice the price of the standard car at launch and this still
remains the same. These road tests will help the company find a balance between
the car’s range, charging time and pricing.
Tata new Harrier SUV launches by 2019 Accordingly the SUV, which had debuted in concept form as the H5X at the 2018 Auto Expo, is Tata’s five seat rival to the likes of the Hyundai Creta and Renault Captur, along with upcoming models like the Nissan Kicks and the production spec Kia SP SUV. The carmaker has been teasing exterior and interior details of the Harrier in the run-up to its launch, which is expected in mid-January 2019.
- Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 priced at 1.87 Lakh
- Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS price announced
- Nissan will officially launch their Kicks SUV on January 22, 2019
- Jawa and Forty Two models sold out till September 2019
- Tata Motors new SUV has a lot to live up to
- Mahindra XUV300 all set to launch by February 2019
- Dealers confirmed acceptance of Mahindra XUV300 bookings for about Rs 11,000
- Tata Harrier is priced between Rs 16-21 lakh to launch by January 2019
- Maruti Suzuki offers attractive discounts this year end
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Mahindra S210 Electric Vehicle launch by 2019 Middle