According to sources the second gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has been on sale for a few months in a single, seven-seat, and three-row configuration. In the coming weeks, however, a six seat version of the Ertiga will also go on sale. The version in question will be the new range-topper and will be pitched as a premium model. And in line with its positioning, this top-spec Ertiga is likely to be retailed exclusively from Maruti’s premium Nexa sales network.
The biggest and most obvious change on the premium Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will be the inclusion of captain’s chairs in the middle row, in place of the standard three-passenger bench seat. MPVs like the Toyota Innova Crysta, Renault Lodgy and Mahindra Marazzo also offer this configuration. According to a source, the new Ertiga six-seater is also expected to get a more premium interior option with faux leather upholstery instead of the fabric seats that are currently offered on the seven seat Ertiga.
The 1.5 engine will eventually be rolled out to the rest of the Ertiga line-up to replace the ageing 1.3 DDiS engine.The move to roll out the long-awaited 1.5 engine early is in line with the Maruti Suzuki’s recent announcement stating its intentions to update most of its range to BS-VI-compliant engines by the end of 2019 to avoid any spillover in terms of unsold stock when BS-VI kicks in 2020.
Top 3 Car news from the Indian Auto Industry Kia SP2i Interior Spied: The Kia SP Concept is taking its production shape and we saw it some time back wrapped up from all sides at Kia’s facility in India. The SP2i has been spied quite a few times in India now, but we never managed to get a glimpse of its interior.
- Hyundai India plans to provide vehicles on lease
- Tata new premium hatchback scheduled to launch in India in August 2019
- India uncertainty to limit profit growth
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 ABS launched
- Hyundai positioning itself as a Smart Mobility Solutions company with multi-pronged approach
- New Tata Intra small commercial vehicle on sale in India on May 22
- Hyundai Venue begins production in India
- New Hyundai Venue gets a host of smart features
- Honda Car sales in India grown considerably
- Upcoming Renault Kwid gets a new face than before
- 2020 Hyundai Creta unveiled at 2019 Shanghai Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Service facility to be opened by Audi at Vijayawada
- Hyundai Venue subcompact SUV be launched next month in India
- Mahindra has begun dispatching the refreshed TUV300 to its dealerships