According to sources the fifth gen Honda City is in the works. While the model is expected to go on sale in India only in 2020, reports suggest that the new City could be unveiled within 2019 possibly in the latter part of the year. The City is the model that established Honda in India and continues to be a volume driver for the Japanese car maker in our market. The current gen City made its debut back in 2014, with a face lift in early 2017.
Meanwhile the current City is already among the largest of the mid-sized sedans, reports suggest the next gen model will be even bigger still. Cabin room will also see a corresponding increase and it is expected the biggest beneficiary will be rear seat legroom.
Moreover apart from all new exterior and interior designs, the new Honda City will get updated engines as well. The current City’s L15B engine will be updated with more power. It will additionally be offered in hybrid guise. The hybrid in question will be a mild hybrid and hence won’t be prohibitively expensive like the Honda Accord Hybrid that is significantly pricier than its conventional engine rivals. The upgraded engine will be seen under the hood of the new City in India and will also, for the first time, come with a diesel CVT combination.
Bookings for Hyundai Elantra rival commenced for Rs 31,000 Meanwhile ahead of its official launch on March 7, Honda dealers have started receiving stocks of the new Civic. Bookings for the sedan have been open, with the booking amount set at Rs 31,000. Recently dealer sources have informed us that the new Civic in the Radiant Red Metallic and White Orchid Pearl paint shades have received the most inquiries from potential buyers. The third most popular color is Golden Brown Metallic.
- Kia Motors taken wraps off of its Soluto sedan
- Honda Civic Sedan type to be priced between Rs. 18- 22 Lakhs launches by March
- Honda ended production of Brio hatchback in India
- New Mahindra XUV300 compact SUV to be launched on February 14, 2019 sees 4000 Bookings
- New-gen Honda Civic for India to be launched soon
- Fifth gen Honda City sedan to be launched in 2019
- Stamford Headquartered Company catering to various global companies from India
- Kawasaki will launch the 2019 W800 in India in next 1 or 2 months
- Drive Indian carmakers new generation Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Mercedes Benz V Class launched in India
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Tata new Harrier SUV launches by 2019
- Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000