According to sources the fifth gen Honda City is in the works. While the model is expected to go on sale in India only in 2020, reports suggest that the new City could be unveiled within 2019 possibly in the latter part of the year. The City is the model that established Honda in India and continues to be a volume driver for the Japanese car maker in our market. The current gen City made its debut back in 2014, with a face lift in early 2017.
Meanwhile the current City is already among the largest of the mid-sized sedans, reports suggest the next gen model will be even bigger still. Cabin room will also see a corresponding increase and it is expected the biggest beneficiary will be rear seat legroom.
Moreover apart from all new exterior and interior designs, the new Honda City will get updated engines as well. The current City’s L15B engine will be updated with more power. It will additionally be offered in hybrid guise. The hybrid in question will be a mild hybrid and hence won’t be prohibitively expensive like the Honda Accord Hybrid that is significantly pricier than its conventional engine rivals. The upgraded engine will be seen under the hood of the new City in India and will also, for the first time, come with a diesel CVT combination.
Maruti Suzuki started testing electric car based on Wagon R in India Accordingly the Maruti Suzuki Nexa dealerships were launched by the company to bring a premium experience for its customers and now sources have told car and bike that the company's electric car portfolio too will be retailed out of the Nexa dealerships.
- Proposed Reduction in GST will boost auto industry
- Renault Triber priced between 5.5 lakhs and 7.5 lakhs
- Tata Altroz is based on the 45X concept be revealed in July 2019
- Second-gen Creta will be introduced with BS6 engines
- Why Nissan Indian President quits?
- Kia Seltos will be launched in India in the second half of 2019
- Discounts being offered by dealerships on Honda Cars
- First MG Motor India showroom has come up in Gurgaon
- MG Hector in flesh and book upcoming SUV; bookings can also be made online
- Skoda Karoq be launched in Indian market next year
- Online Hector SUV Bookings begins from June 4
- Hyundai will be launching the Kona Electric SUV in July 2019
- Honda to begin EV journey in India
- Hyundai Venue launched in India
- What's the expected price for Hyundai Venue?