Accordingly the all electric Maruti Suzuki Wagon R EV due to make its debut in India in 2020 will most likely be launched at under the Rs 7 lakh price point. This price would include the subsidies that have rolled-out to all electric and hybrid vehicles under the FAME or Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric vehicles scheme. According to our sources, the on-road price after all the subsidies should be around the Rs 7.5 lakh mark, based on the current subsidy structure.
According to the current structure, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R EV could get a subsidy of about Rs 1.24–1.38 lakh, which of course, could also change if FAME 2 is implemented. While the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R EV was expected to come at a price point north of Rs 10 lakh initially, this 25% reduction in cost, combined with a higher overall range of over 200 kilometres on a single charge, could really jump start EVs in India and be the benchmark for new electric cars in the country.
It is unclear whether the car will have fast charge capabilities, which could charge the battery to 80% in about 40 minutes through the new DC fast chargers that are expected to be installed around the country, soon. The new all-electric Maruti Suzuki Wagon R would have ideally gone up against the likes of the Mahindra e2o thanks to the incoming safety/crash norms the Wagon R EV could be one of the only affordable electric vehicles in India at the time of launch.
Top 3 Car news from the Indian Auto Industry Kia SP2i Interior Spied: The Kia SP Concept is taking its production shape and we saw it some time back wrapped up from all sides at Kia’s facility in India. The SP2i has been spied quite a few times in India now, but we never managed to get a glimpse of its interior.
- Hyundai India plans to provide vehicles on lease
- Tata new premium hatchback scheduled to launch in India in August 2019
- India uncertainty to limit profit growth
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 ABS launched
- Hyundai positioning itself as a Smart Mobility Solutions company with multi-pronged approach
- New Tata Intra small commercial vehicle on sale in India on May 22
- Hyundai Venue begins production in India
- New Hyundai Venue gets a host of smart features
- Honda Car sales in India grown considerably
- Upcoming Renault Kwid gets a new face than before
- 2020 Hyundai Creta unveiled at 2019 Shanghai Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Service facility to be opened by Audi at Vijayawada
- Hyundai Venue subcompact SUV be launched next month in India
- Mahindra has begun dispatching the refreshed TUV300 to its dealerships