Accordingly Mahindra’s bestselling SUV is set to get a major upgrade to meet the safety and emission standards that will come into effect from April 1, 2020. The Bolero, though ageing, is still going strong 19 years after it was launched and will be ‘future proofed’ to meet the latest regulations.
Meanwhile as part of the upgrade, Mahindra will offer ABS across the Bolero line-up from this month. The SUV range will also get features like driver's airbag, seat belt reminder warning, speed warning and rear parking sensors before July 1, 2019. However, a more serious upgrade will be carried out before October 1, 2019, when all cars have to meet the stringent offset front and side crash standards.
Furthermore in addition to this, all cars will also have to meet a new set of pedestrian protection crash regulations by April 1, 2020. This will require the front end of the Bolero to be modified to accommodate a higher bonnet, a softer bumper and a redesigned grille to reduce pedestrian injuries in case of an accident. Even though the deadlines for the various safety regulations are staggered, you can expect all these regulatory requirements and modifications to be rolled out into the Bolero face lift.
MG Hector gets four variants Style, Super, Smart and Sharp Reportedly MG (Morris Garages) Motor launched its maiden product Hector in India on June 27. The carmaker surprised one and all by introducing the feature-loaded SUV for a starting price of Rs 12.18 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The company has now started delivering Hector, with the first owner being one Madan Mohan.
- Bookings for Kia Seltos will open on July 15 at dealerships & SUV to go on sale on August 22
- Six seater Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched soon
- Hyundai Kona EV launched in India
- Several major carmakers expected to launch their EVs in the country
- Hyundai Kona be launched on July 9
- Automobile sales in India counted as factory dispatches and not retail sales
- Tata Harrier will soon be available in dual-tone color schemes
- MG Hector is the first connected car in the compact SUV segment
- Maruti Suzuki started testing electric car based on Wagon R in India
- Proposed Reduction in GST will boost auto industry
- Renault Triber priced between 5.5 lakhs and 7.5 lakhs
- Tata Altroz is based on the 45X concept be revealed in July 2019
- Second-gen Creta will be introduced with BS6 engines
- Why Nissan Indian President quits?
- Kia Seltos will be launched in India in the second half of 2019