Accordingly Groupe PSA has announced Citroen will be hosting its first-ever press conference in India on April 3, 2019, and more importantly, will reveal the first Citroen model for India. Carlos Tavares, chairman, Groupe PSA, will be present at Citroen’s India press conference, accompanied by Linda Jackson, CEO, Citroen Brand, and Emmanuel Delay, executive VP and head of India-Pacific, Groupe PSA.
Meanwhile at the press conference, Citroen is likely to reveal the C5 Aircross SUV as its first model for India, which is due to go on sale before the end of 2021. The C5 Aircross, which made its global debut in 2017, is based on Groupe PSA’s EMP2 platform and gets a range of petrol and diesel engines, internationally.
In an exclusive interaction Tavares mentioned the byword for Citroen in India will be ‘scalability’, and also hinted at the high levels of localization the company is aiming for right from day one. Moreover Groupe PSA will manufacture its cars and SUVs at CK Birla’s facility in Tiruvallur, Tamilnadu and this plant also manufactures SUVs for Mitsubishi in India. The group already has a plant in Hosur, Tamilnadu, which manufactures and supplies engines and transmissions for its global and domestic businesses.
Top 3 Car news from the Indian Auto Industry Kia SP2i Interior Spied: The Kia SP Concept is taking its production shape and we saw it some time back wrapped up from all sides at Kia’s facility in India. The SP2i has been spied quite a few times in India now, but we never managed to get a glimpse of its interior.
- Hyundai India plans to provide vehicles on lease
- Tata new premium hatchback scheduled to launch in India in August 2019
- India uncertainty to limit profit growth
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 ABS launched
- Hyundai positioning itself as a Smart Mobility Solutions company with multi-pronged approach
- New Tata Intra small commercial vehicle on sale in India on May 22
- Hyundai Venue begins production in India
- New Hyundai Venue gets a host of smart features
- Honda Car sales in India grown considerably
- Upcoming Renault Kwid gets a new face than before
- 2020 Hyundai Creta unveiled at 2019 Shanghai Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Service facility to be opened by Audi at Vijayawada
- Hyundai Venue subcompact SUV be launched next month in India
- Mahindra has begun dispatching the refreshed TUV300 to its dealerships