Reportedly during a recent BMW investor presentation, the German brand confirmed that its 3-series Gran Turismo will be discontinued and that this body style will not be available on the next-gen BMW 3-series (G20). Demand for the model depends on the market the BMW 3 Series GT is one of the German carmaker’s better-selling models in India and this will mean BMW will have one of its bestsellers knocked out of its range in the not too distant future, say by early next year.
Furthermore this is because sales of the fastback have been on the decline in European markets. Officially, the reason for the discontinuation from BMW officials included the reduction of portfolio complexity and elimination of some model derivatives. Reportedly the BMW 3-series GT, which is based on the F30 3-series platform, has been on sale in international markets since 2013 and received a face lift in 2016.
Moreover BMW India introduced the model to slot between the 3-series and 5-series in the country after which it brought the facelift to India in October 2016. Apparently in India, the model currently retails from Rs 47.70 lakh to Rs 51.90 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India) and is available in three variants the 320d GT Sport, the 320d Luxury Line and the 330i M Sport. BMW is set to bring the all-new 3-series to India towards the middle of 2019, where it will continue to rival the Mercedes C-class and Audi A4.
What's the expected price for Hyundai Venue? According to report Hyundai India is all set to launch its first subcompact SUV in India on May 21, 2019 and we are all looking forward to yet another competitor in that very segment. The Hyundai Venue, then has to compete with the all them and bring in something new to the table, to make sure that it stands out when compared to its rivals. But the biggest differentiator will be the price and Hyundai is bound to take the aggressive route.
- What's the expected price for Hyundai Venue?
- Top 3 Car news from the Indian Auto Industry
- Hyundai India plans to provide vehicles on lease
- Tata new premium hatchback scheduled to launch in India in August 2019
- India uncertainty to limit profit growth
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 ABS launched
- Hyundai positioning itself as a Smart Mobility Solutions company with multi-pronged approach
- New Tata Intra small commercial vehicle on sale in India on May 22
- Hyundai Venue begins production in India
- New Hyundai Venue gets a host of smart features
- Honda Car sales in India grown considerably
- Upcoming Renault Kwid gets a new face than before
- 2020 Hyundai Creta unveiled at 2019 Shanghai Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Service facility to be opened by Audi at Vijayawada