Sources from Tokyo stated that Suzuki Motor Corp on Friday forecast a 1.7% rise in profit this year, anticipating limited growth due to an expected sales tax rise in japan as well as uncertainty in business conditions in its biggest market, india.
japan's fourth largest automaker expects operating profit of 330 billion yen ($3.01 billion) in the year through March 2020, lower than the 362.2 billion yen average of 22 analyst estimates compiled by Refinitiv. It anticipates currency volatility, particularly the rupee and euro, to also weigh on profit growth, even as it expects overall global vehicle sales to hit record highs.
In the year just ended, profit fell 13.3% to 324.4 billion yen from the previous year's record high of 374.2 billion yen. The automaker has long acknowledged that it cannot shoulder the costs of developing electric vehicles and self-driving cars on its own, and has turned to toyota Motor Corp to supply Suzuki vehicles with its gasoline hybrid systems.
Top 3 Car news from the Indian Auto Industry Kia SP2i Interior Spied: The Kia SP Concept is taking its production shape and we saw it some time back wrapped up from all sides at Kia’s facility in India. The SP2i has been spied quite a few times in India now, but we never managed to get a glimpse of its interior.
- Hyundai India plans to provide vehicles on lease
- Tata new premium hatchback scheduled to launch in India in August 2019
- India uncertainty to limit profit growth
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 ABS launched
- Hyundai positioning itself as a Smart Mobility Solutions company with multi-pronged approach
- New Tata Intra small commercial vehicle on sale in India on May 22
- Hyundai Venue begins production in India
- New Hyundai Venue gets a host of smart features
- Honda Car sales in India grown considerably
- Upcoming Renault Kwid gets a new face than before
- 2020 Hyundai Creta unveiled at 2019 Shanghai Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Service facility to be opened by Audi at Vijayawada
- Hyundai Venue subcompact SUV be launched next month in India
- Mahindra has begun dispatching the refreshed TUV300 to its dealerships