Accordingly Japanese auto major honda will use hybrid vehicles as intermediates in the next two years in india before going for full electric vehicles (EVs) as it expects setting up of supporting infrastructure such as charging stations to take time, according to a senior company official. The company, which is present in india through a wholly owned subsidiary, aims to follow the government's push for environment friendly vehicles by driving in models with green technologies.
A hybrid car has more than one source of power. Usually, it combines a conventional combustion engine with an electric motor to run the vehicle.
honda Cars india Ltd (HCIL) Senior Vice President and Director Rajesh Goel told "In india, we will follow the EV direction set out by the central government. EV is surely the way forward for mobility technology and we expect that with government's initiative, energy sources will shift to more renewable ones in next few years”.
Maruti Suzuki started testing electric car based on Wagon R in India Accordingly the Maruti Suzuki Nexa dealerships were launched by the company to bring a premium experience for its customers and now sources have told car and bike that the company's electric car portfolio too will be retailed out of the Nexa dealerships.
- Proposed Reduction in GST will boost auto industry
- Renault Triber priced between 5.5 lakhs and 7.5 lakhs
- Tata Altroz is based on the 45X concept be revealed in July 2019
- Second-gen Creta will be introduced with BS6 engines
- Why Nissan Indian President quits?
- Kia Seltos will be launched in India in the second half of 2019
- Discounts being offered by dealerships on Honda Cars
- First MG Motor India showroom has come up in Gurgaon
- MG Hector in flesh and book upcoming SUV; bookings can also be made online
- Skoda Karoq be launched in Indian market next year
- Online Hector SUV Bookings begins from June 4
- Hyundai will be launching the Kona Electric SUV in July 2019
- Honda to begin EV journey in India
- Hyundai Venue launched in India
- What's the expected price for Hyundai Venue?