The FAME 2 scheme has given electric mobility a shot in the arm and is a step in the right direction to make india a viable market for electric vehicles. Though the announcement has not given any special consideration to electric cars, the expansion plans of fast chargers and other infrastructure has garnered some interest among carmakers to take the Indian car market more seriously as far as electric cars are concerned. maruti Suzuki is already gearing up to launch the electric WagonR next year and hyundai group companies (hyundai-Kia) also have said that it will start the local assembly of electric vehicles in india.
hyundai and Kia Motors are finalizing manufacturing plans of electric cars for our market. The Korean Carmakers are looking at the possibility of partnering with lg for batteries, while also evaluating other international suppliers for the same purpose.
The top management of both companies is currently doing a feasibility study in india for sourcing local components and batteries and are understanding india-specific conditions. "One reason why I am here in india is to better understand what's going on in the electric space here," said Albert Biermann, President Of hyundai Group's R&D division.
Hyundai Kona available in 15 dealerships across 11 cities in India Hyundai had launched Kona Electric SUV in India on July 9 for a starting price of Rs 25.30 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Within 10 days of the introduction, the carmaker has received 120 confirmed bookings for the electric SUV. The company got 10,000 test drive customer requests for Kona as well.
- 6046 Bookings for Kia Seltos on first day
- MG Hector gets four variants Style, Super, Smart and Sharp
- Bookings for Kia Seltos will open on July 15 at dealerships & SUV to go on sale on August 22
- Six seater Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched soon
- Hyundai Kona EV launched in India
- Several major carmakers expected to launch their EVs in the country
- Hyundai Kona be launched on July 9
- Automobile sales in India counted as factory dispatches and not retail sales
- Tata Harrier will soon be available in dual-tone color schemes
- MG Hector is the first connected car in the compact SUV segment
- Maruti Suzuki started testing electric car based on Wagon R in India
- Proposed Reduction in GST will boost auto industry
- Renault Triber priced between 5.5 lakhs and 7.5 lakhs
- Tata Altroz is based on the 45X concept be revealed in July 2019
- Second-gen Creta will be introduced with BS6 engines