Skoda Karoq will be joining the Kodiaq in the company's SUV portfolio next year. Launched globally in the latter half of 2017, the Karoq was conceived as a replacement for the Yeti. Sitting below the Kodiaq, the upcoming Skoda SUV will be brought in via the CBU route. The Skoda Karoq india launch will take place by mid-2020.
The Skoda Karoq measures 4,382mm long, 1,841mm wide and 1,626mm tall and sits on a 2,638mm (front wheel drive)/2,630mm (all-wheel drive) long wheelbase. The cabin offers space for five occupants and the boot can swallow 521 litres of cargo and can be expanded to 1,630 litres with the rear seats folded down. Globally, Skoda offers the Karoq with 1.0-litre, 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine options and 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre diesel engine options.
For the Indian market, the Skoda Karoq is likely to feature the 2.0-litre diesel option, the same one that powers the Kodiaq. The engine makes 148bhp and 340Nm and is expected to come paired with a 7-speed DSG only. While Skoda does have plans to localize the production of the 1.0-litre TSI petrol for their upcoming compact SUV as part of the Skoda india 2.0 plan, the Karoq is unlikely to feature that engine.
Kia Seltos becomes Talk of the Town While the compact SUV is all set to be launched in India on August 22, it is garnering much attention for its design and features at the moment. You can book Seltos through the company website or Kia Motors India's 206 sales points across the country by paying an initial amount of Rs.25,000. When it comes to four-wheelers, there is one thing our country is absolutely obsessed with and it is the mileage.
- Hyundai Kona available in 15 dealerships across 11 cities in India
- 6046 Bookings for Kia Seltos on first day
- MG Hector gets four variants Style, Super, Smart and Sharp
- Bookings for Kia Seltos will open on July 15 at dealerships & SUV to go on sale on August 22
- Six seater Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched soon
- Hyundai Kona EV launched in India
- Several major carmakers expected to launch their EVs in the country
- Hyundai Kona be launched on July 9
- Automobile sales in India counted as factory dispatches and not retail sales
- Tata Harrier will soon be available in dual-tone color schemes
- MG Hector is the first connected car in the compact SUV segment
- Maruti Suzuki started testing electric car based on Wagon R in India
- Proposed Reduction in GST will boost auto industry
- Renault Triber priced between 5.5 lakhs and 7.5 lakhs
- Tata Altroz is based on the 45X concept be revealed in July 2019