hyundai had launched Kona Electric SUV in india on July 9 for a starting price of Rs 25.30 lakh (ex-showroom, india). Within 10 days of the introduction, the car maker has received 120 confirmed bookings for the electric SUV. The company got 10,000 test drive customer requests for Kona as well.
hyundai Kona is available in 15 dealerships across 11 cities in india. A permanent magnet synchoronous electric motor is available with the electric SUV. It delivers 136 PS and 395 Nm of peak torque and is offered with a shift-by-wire automatic transmission. It gets Eco+, Eco, Comfort and Sport driving modes and is capable of making 0-100 kmph in just 9.7 seconds. The company has provided paddle shifters for adjustable regenerative braking.
Kona electric is a proven and award-winning global electric SUV creating new benchmarks in clean mobility since its global launch in April 2018. Our overall goal is to offer an SUV with long-range and high performance with fun to drive quotient to our Indian customers," Jain added. Apart from india, hyundai Kona is available in international markets like canada, USA, Europe, russia, korea and australia. The electric SUV has 15,000 customers worldwide.
After RTC, cabs to go on strike Telangana state is already crippled by strike of RTC unions, to make things even worse for commuters, the cabs will be off the roads owing to indefinite strike called by them from 19th October. Telangana Taxi drivers JAC (Joint action committee) have called for indefinite strike from 19th of October. Ola and Uber will also join them in the strike, JAC has demanded to revise the fares to 22 rs per kilometre, they have also demanded pay security from ride sharing companies for every cab drive
- Urbanite brand to be a new division under Bajaj Auto & will spawn electric scooters
- Actor Rajkummar Rao brought home Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, priced from Rs. 14.69 lakh
- Auto sector continues to be on slide due to low consumer demand
- Jawa 90th Anniversary Edition launched in India at Rs.1.73 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz delivered over 200 cars on the occasion of Dussehra and Navratri
- 8000 Indians only need Electric Cars
- Priced between Rs. 15 and Rs. 17 lakh, Nexon EV will be launched in FY 2020
- Maruti Suzuki S- Presso launched in India
- MG Hector is open for bookings once again for a limited period
- Benelli India has started pre-booking of the retro-classic Imperiale 400
- Maruti Suzuki anticipates Sales to exceed in September
- Scooters India developed five prototypes of EVs but it is yet to get regulatory clearance for them
- GST rate cut for auto sector from 28 to 18%
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be available in Std, LXi, VXi and VXi+ variants
- Overall economic health of Auto industry in India is in slow pace: Nirmala Seetharaman