Reportedly south Korean automotive major Kia Motors on Tuesday commenced trial production at its india plant in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh with plans to commercially launch its first vehicle in the second half of 2019. The company has invested $1 billion in the facility which has come up in Erramanchi village in Anantapur district, about 200 km from Bengaluru.
The total investment of $2 billion is billed as one of the largest Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the country in the automobile sector. The state-of-the-art facility, which has come up over 536 acres of land in a record time of 14 months, will manufacture 300,000 vehicles annually, with the bulk of the capacity catering to the domestic market.
Kia marked the start of trial operations with a launch ceremony at the Anantapur plant, in the presence of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu and south Korean Ambassador Shin Bongkil, President & CEO of Kia Motors Corp Han-Woo Park and MD and CEO of Kia Motors india Kookhyun Shim. Kia also consolidated its Future Mobility Partnership with the government of Andhra Pradesh by handing over a new Kia Soul EV (electric vehicle). The new EV is part of Kia's growing portfolio of advanced, eco-friendly power trains.
Urbanite brand to be a new division under Bajaj Auto & will spawn electric scooters The Urbanite brand is likely to be a new division under Bajaj Auto and will spawn electric scooters, marking the brand's re-entry in this space after nearly two decades. The iconic Chetak scooter continues to have a strong calling with the brand pan India.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao brought home Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, priced from Rs. 14.69 lakh
- Auto sector continues to be on slide due to low consumer demand
- Jawa 90th Anniversary Edition launched in India at Rs.1.73 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz delivered over 200 cars on the occasion of Dussehra and Navratri
- 8000 Indians only need Electric Cars
- Priced between Rs. 15 and Rs. 17 lakh, Nexon EV will be launched in FY 2020
- Maruti Suzuki S- Presso launched in India
- MG Hector is open for bookings once again for a limited period
- Benelli India has started pre-booking of the retro-classic Imperiale 400
- Maruti Suzuki anticipates Sales to exceed in September
- Scooters India developed five prototypes of EVs but it is yet to get regulatory clearance for them
- GST rate cut for auto sector from 28 to 18%
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be available in Std, LXi, VXi and VXi+ variants
- Overall economic health of Auto industry in India is in slow pace: Nirmala Seetharaman
- Uber & Ola not reason for Auto sales down