mumbai sources reported that india’s largest lender State Bank of india (SBI) is extending loan repayment time for stressed automobile dealers by 15 to 30 days amid slowing car sales, a top bank official said. “Normally, the repayment period is 60 days. So, we extend it to 75 days for some dealers and to 90 days for a few others," P.K. Gupta, managing director of SBI, told reporters. The bank has an exposure of ₹11,500 crore to auto dealers.
Gupta said that currently, some automobile dealers are facing difficulty in repaying loans as per schedule. “We are talking to each dealer and had meetings with all the industry majors and with the Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (Fada). We are very actively engaged with all of them on a case-to-case basis. We have been working out solutions along with other banks for dealers facing problems on account of higher inventory," said Gupta.
He summarized the slowdown in the automobile sector as a problem of inventory piling up at dealerships amid falling car sales. Meanwhile, a statement from the bank said it collectively identified many implementable and innovative suggestions which can help to improve the bank’s performance and establish a future roadmap.
Urbanite brand to be a new division under Bajaj Auto & will spawn electric scooters The Urbanite brand is likely to be a new division under Bajaj Auto and will spawn electric scooters, marking the brand's re-entry in this space after nearly two decades. The iconic Chetak scooter continues to have a strong calling with the brand pan India.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao brought home Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, priced from Rs. 14.69 lakh
- Auto sector continues to be on slide due to low consumer demand
- Jawa 90th Anniversary Edition launched in India at Rs.1.73 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz delivered over 200 cars on the occasion of Dussehra and Navratri
- 8000 Indians only need Electric Cars
- Priced between Rs. 15 and Rs. 17 lakh, Nexon EV will be launched in FY 2020
- Maruti Suzuki S- Presso launched in India
- MG Hector is open for bookings once again for a limited period
- Benelli India has started pre-booking of the retro-classic Imperiale 400
- Maruti Suzuki anticipates Sales to exceed in September
- Scooters India developed five prototypes of EVs but it is yet to get regulatory clearance for them
- GST rate cut for auto sector from 28 to 18%
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be available in Std, LXi, VXi and VXi+ variants
- Overall economic health of Auto industry in India is in slow pace: Nirmala Seetharaman
- Uber & Ola not reason for Auto sales down