Millennial opting for ride hailing services like Ola and Uber may not be that strong a factor for the current slowdown in auto sales and a detailed study is needed to arrive at any conclusion in the contrary, according to a top official of the country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki india. Ownership pattern in india still has not changed and people purchase cars with an "aspiration aspect", MSI Executive Director (Marketing and Sales) shashank Srivastava told PTI in an interview here.
On Tuesday, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said change in mindset of millennials, who now prefer taxi aggregators like Ola and Uber instead of committing for monthly installments to own a car, was among one of the many factors responsible for the slowdown in the automobile sector.
"The Ola and Uber
factor may not be strong to contribute to the current state of slowdown. I think we need to watch and study it more before arriving at such a
conclusion," Srivastava said
Urbanite brand to be a new division under Bajaj Auto & will spawn electric scooters The Urbanite brand is likely to be a new division under Bajaj Auto and will spawn electric scooters, marking the brand's re-entry in this space after nearly two decades. The iconic Chetak scooter continues to have a strong calling with the brand pan India.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao brought home Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, priced from Rs. 14.69 lakh
- Auto sector continues to be on slide due to low consumer demand
- Jawa 90th Anniversary Edition launched in India at Rs.1.73 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz delivered over 200 cars on the occasion of Dussehra and Navratri
- 8000 Indians only need Electric Cars
- Priced between Rs. 15 and Rs. 17 lakh, Nexon EV will be launched in FY 2020
- Maruti Suzuki S- Presso launched in India
- MG Hector is open for bookings once again for a limited period
- Benelli India has started pre-booking of the retro-classic Imperiale 400
- Maruti Suzuki anticipates Sales to exceed in September
- Scooters India developed five prototypes of EVs but it is yet to get regulatory clearance for them
- GST rate cut for auto sector from 28 to 18%
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be available in Std, LXi, VXi and VXi+ variants
- Overall economic health of Auto industry in India is in slow pace: Nirmala Seetharaman
- Uber & Ola not reason for Auto sales down