The ankle, leg, and back damage that await women who frequently wear high heels are not enough to dissuade most. Even when they feel the effects after around an hour of walking around. A recent study conducted at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte has found that although wearing high heels initially strengthens a woman’s ankle muscles, it eventually leads to instability and weakening of those same muscles.
"With prolonged use you get muscle shortening in the back of the leg and muscle lengthening in the front of the leg. These changes in muscle length then can change muscle strength,” Turner added. "High-heeled shoes also change the normal walking or gait cycle, with the ultimate result being a less fluent gait cycle. Changes at the ankle cause the muscles higher in the leg and back to lose efficiency and strength. It also changes the load the bones in and around the knee have to absorb, which can ultimately lead to injury."
Stretch your lower leg muscles by using a towel to pull your foot to your body for 30 seconds. Strengthen big lower leg and ankle muscles by using a theraband to resist ankles as they push up, out, and in, or strengthen small lower leg and ankle muscles by picking up objects off the floor. Balance by standing on one leg for 30 seconds at a time.
Get rid of pimples easily through these steps Aloe Vera gel to stop pimples Aloe Vera gel can work magically on pimples. It is a skin soothing and purifying agent that can be effective to treat pimples quickly. Prepare some fresh Aloe Vera pulp from an Aloe Vera leaf and apply it directly onto the pimples and leave on. Do not wash until it dries up completely. 2. Tea tree oil to reduce pimples Tea tree oil is a strong antibacterial agent, it can fight pimples efficiently. Mix 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil with 4 to 5 drops of carrier oil
- Cucumber face mask for glowing face
- Bad effect of wearing High Heels
- Proven ingredients to reduce pimples in your cute face
- Some beauty tips for this extremely hot summer
- Use Gram Flour as Skin Lightening Cream
- Simple Beauty tips for Men to look charming
- Natural remedies to re-grow your hair
- How to keep temporary and false Eyelashes?
- Oranges enriched with Antioxidants, Brightens Skin
- Lighting Ghee lamp before God is more Auspicious
- Growing eyebrows naturally with easy available Ingredients
- What products to be used during Summer Season?
- Maintain your beauty this Summer season
- Doing Waxing in your home without pain is simple
- Thickening of hair made easy through Supplements