Jaguar I-PACE Concept takes overall prize at 16th North American Concept Vehicle Awards
I-PACE Concept achieves highest overall score to win Most Significant Concept Vehicle
Ground-breaking concept also awarded Production Preview Concept of the Year
Previewing Jaguar’s first all-electric vehicle, I-PACE will be on the road in 2018
The Jaguar I-PACE Concept has been named Most Significant Concept Vehicle of 2017 at the 16th North American Concept Vehicle Awards. As well as achieving the highest overall score to take away the top honour, Jaguar’s all-electric performance SUV also won the Production Preview Concept of the Year category.
The awards, held at the Concours d’Elegance of America, recognise those vehicles most likely to shape the future of the automobile industry. More than two dozen jurors participated in a selection process that involved a total of 24 vehicles, each introduced to North America during this season's auto shows in Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto and New York.
Praised for its beautiful and futuristic design, the I-PACE Concept was described by judge Ashly Knapp as a ‘landmark in automotive technology’. Juror Lauren Fix said: “Jaguar has completely improved the brand in so many ways and the I-PACE Concept presents the new direction.”
One of the most visually arresting concepts ever produced by Jaguar, the all-electric performance SUV takes full advantage of the packaging freedom offered by electrification. It previews Jaguar’s first electric vehicle, the Jaguar I-PACE, which will be on the road in the second half of 2018.
|Ian Callum with I-PACE Concep|
Ian Callum, Jaguar Director of Design, said: “Our challenge was to design an electric vehicle that’s distinctively and unmistakably a Jaguar – and one which demonstrates that an electric vehicle can be visually dramatic as well as practical. I think that the Jaguar I-PACE Concept has done exactly that, and is clearly at the forefront of the trend for more beautiful, more desirable electric vehicles. We’re very proud of it, and we’re delighted that the North American jurors have recognised us for succeeding in our mission by awarding the I-PACE Concept the 2017 Concept Car of the Year.”
Notes to Editors
Michael Bettencourt – “Beautiful and futuristic, from the body to the powertrain, the I-PACE Concept is a slam dunk winner here.”
Gary Vasilash – “Can an electric crossover be sexy? So far the answer to that has been a resounding "meh". The I-PACE Concept is drop-dead gorgeous. Period.”
Lauren Fix – “Jaguar has completely improved the brand in so many ways, and the I-PACE Concept presents the new direction for the brand.”
Ashly Knapp – “The least polluting, cleanest operating, quietest, lowest maintenance and operating costs SUV ever built may also be the most beautiful SUV ever. Soon we will barely hear the near 400 hp all-electric all-wheel-drive all-battery powered I-PACE roll onto our streets. With over 500 foot-pounds of torque and about a 300 mile range you’re ready to adventure in luxury. The front and rear motors are synchronized by computer through wires. Jaguar designers and engineers have a unique history of synchronizing most components to work in harmony with educated instinctive pilots. This leadership vehicle is a landmark in automotive technology.”
Jim Scoutten – “Yes, Jaguar needs a luxury-performance ute. The I-PACE Concept will do very nicely.”
Jaguar’s heritage of elegant design and breathtaking performance has excited and delighted the world for more than 80 years. Today’s world-class Jaguar family embodies the Art of Performance and will grow again in 2018 with the all-electric I-PACE performance SUV, joining the remarkable, much admired and award-winning XE, XF and XJ saloons, the dramatic F-TYPE sports car, the F-PACE performance crossover – the fastest-selling Jaguar ever – and the all-new E-PACE compact performance SUV.
Peps Industries Unique Marketing Initiative Wake Up Day Sees Tremendous Response Peps Industries Pvt. Ltd., India’s top-selling spring mattress manufacturing company celebrated Peps Wake Up Day at Cubbon Park, Bengaluru over the weekend. The event saw a participation of around 1000 people across all age groups.
- Nuvoco CFO Wins CFO100 Roll of Honour Award
- Indian Industry Comes Together to Launch AARC A First of its Kind Recycling Initiative
- Pearl Academy Celebrates 25 Years of its Legacy with Influence at AIFW 18
- 26th Convergence India 2018 Expo
- ATMA Reaches out to Women with Message of Tyre Safety
- Nuvoco Wins the Best in Class Continuous Improvement Award at the 7th MSC Awards 2018
- Su-Kam Undertakes One-of-a-kind Malaysia Tour Initiative for 800 Channel Partners
- Ted Baker Opens his First Store in India in Partnership with Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited
- Paisabazaar.com Opens 2 Lakh Savings Accounts in 2017-18
- Karix Mobile launches its Cloud Communication Platform - karix.io
- Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha to Inaugurate 26th Convergence India 2018 Expo
- HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India
- Kor Energy Bags ET Nows Green Future Leadership Award for Best Rooftop Solar EPC Company
- Indias KALI Coin ICO with its First International Exchange - CoinRecoil Looks to Transform the Trading in Cryptocurrencies
- Dyson: UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line-up in India