Tata Power, India's largest integrated power company, through Adjaristsqali Georgia LLC (AGL), its joint venture with Norway's Clean Energy Invest AS Norway (Clean Energy) and IFC InfraVentures (IFC), a member of the World Bank group, today, announced the synchronization of its 186 MW Shuakhevi Hydro Power Project (HPP) in record time. Further, Tata Power has commenced stabilization procedures to ensure smooth operations. The construction of the plant started in the fall of 2013 and has been synchronized on the 1stand 2nd of August 2017, in a record time of less than four years.
Tata Power, India's largest integrated power company
Shuakhevi HPP is the largest hydropower plant to be built in Georgia over the past 50 years, and its project investment cost exceeded USD 420 million. The completion ceremony was presided by the Prime Minister of Georgia, Giorgi Kvirikashvili, and the Vice Prime Minister and Energy Minister, Kakha Kaladze.
Around 730 Georgian citizens were employed in the plant construction. The project will significantly contribute to Georgia’s path toward energy independence. The power generated by the project will be exclusively sold within Georgia throughout the winter, which is a period of energy deficit.
Commenting about this development, Anil Sardana, CEO and Managing Director, Tata Power, said, “We are delighted to announce the synchronization of our Shuakhevi hydro project in a record time. We continue to strengthen our international presence and look for viable business opportunities across the select international geographies. We are grateful to our strategic partners, Clean Energy and IFC InfraVentures, for helping us complete and synchronize this project within the prescribed timeline. We are also happy to announce that we have commenced stabilization procedures that will ensure uninterrupted power supply.”
Prashant Joshi, CEO of AGL, added, “The Shuakhevi Hydropower Project will contribute significantly to energy independence of Georgia. We take this opportunity to thank the honorable Prime Minister, Mr. Giorgi Kvirikashvili, and Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Energy of Georgia, Mr. Kaladze, and all members of Government of Georgia for their support in harnessing Georgia's huge hydropower potential.”
As a part of this project, one weir and two dams, with their respective reservoirs and connecting tunnels, have been constructed to divert water for power generation. The water conductor system consists of three tunnels with cumulative length of 33.48km and 3.75km of construction adits. Shuakhevi HPP is the first hydropower project in Georgia to have been certified by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change to reduce carbon emissions. It will generate about 470GWh of clean energy while lowering greenhouse gases emissions by more than 2,00,000 tonnes per year.
Pearl Academy Celebrates 25 Years of its Legacy with Influence at AIFW 18 Pearl Academy Celebrates 25 Years of its Legacy with ‘Influence’ at AIFW ‘18 which completes 25 years in the industry this year, celebrated its legacy with ‘Influence’ – a show by 17 alumni of the institution, at AIFW ’18. Continuing the association with Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) through Amazon India Fashion Week, Pearl Academy organized ‘Influence’ to bring together some of the biggest names in the industry for one show that celebrated the legacy of the institution.
- 26th Convergence India 2018 Expo
- ATMA Reaches out to Women with Message of Tyre Safety
- Nuvoco Wins the Best in Class Continuous Improvement Award at the 7th MSC Awards 2018
- Su-Kam Undertakes One-of-a-kind Malaysia Tour Initiative for 800 Channel Partners
- Ted Baker Opens his First Store in India in Partnership with Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited
- Paisabazaar.com Opens 2 Lakh Savings Accounts in 2017-18
- Karix Mobile launches its Cloud Communication Platform - karix.io
- Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha to Inaugurate 26th Convergence India 2018 Expo
- HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India
- Kor Energy Bags ET Nows Green Future Leadership Award for Best Rooftop Solar EPC Company
- Indias KALI Coin ICO with its First International Exchange - CoinRecoil Looks to Transform the Trading in Cryptocurrencies
- Dyson: UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line-up in India
- Royal Enfield Strengthens its Dealership Network in Maharashtra
- Zaheer and Sagarika Mark their First Valentines Day with Platinum
- 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility by Institute Of Directors (India) held in Bengaluru