The project has been implemented in Gangajalghati block of Bankura District (West Bengal). The project supports 120 women across five villages namely Barbaid, Deuli, Latiyaboni, Machhbanda, and Nidhirampur. Through this initiative, Nuvoco aims to make women an equal contributory member of the family. Project Samridhi has managed to change numerous households by empowering the women through financial independence leading to stronger voice in dometic decision making. Additionally improving the overall quality of life through better access to education, nutrition intake and assest creation.
The project was started as a pilot in 2014 -15 with just ten households from small and marginal families in two villages. Gradually reviving and reinstating the Self Help Groups (SHG’s) started by adding more technical know-how for promoting mushroom cultivation on a larger scale. This activity has added nearly 40% increase in overall income of these households giving the women of the villages an equal footing with their male counterparts. A self sustaining business plan has also been set up for the same where the mushrooms cultivated, are marketed by the villagers.
Commenting on the win Mr. Ujjwal Batria, Country CEO Nuvoco said, "We are humbled by this recognition of our efforts towards creating a better tomorrow for women and bringing them at par socially as well as economically with their male counterparts. As a socially responsible corporate, we have embarked upon many social engagement programs with an aim to make a difference in the lives of the people and communities we operate in. We are particularly proud of the relentless efforts being put in by our team members in this journey towards achieving excellence. Together we aim to bring up the marginalised communities and help them with a sustainable and reliable source of income, so that they are independent."
Some of the nominees in this category were, Apollo Tyres Ltd., Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited and Aditya Aluminum Hindalco Industries Limited. As part of the judging criterion, companies were assessed on issues taken up, target population, scale, location, replicability, sustainability, innovation, scalability, participation/involvement, finances and impact.
Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd. (formerly Lafarge India Limited), is a leading manufacturer and retailer of construction materials with a vision to build a safer, smarter and more sustainable world. Nuvoco started operations in India in 1999 and over the past eighteen years, it has emerged as one of the major players in India; a reputation that is built on the foundations of Quality, Innovation, Safety and Trust. Today it has an installed capacity of around 10.92 MTPA with six cement plants in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Rajasthan and West Bengal; and a pan-India presence in the ready-mix concrete (RMX) business with close to 70 plants across the country. Our operational focus is currently across two business divisions; in Cement we are amongst one of the leading players in Eastern, Central and North India; with high performance blended cement variants. Our premium product portfolio includes The Original Jojobera PSC, Concreto, Duraguard, Duraguard Microfiber, and Infracem. We have also forayed into value added products like construction chemicals, wall fill solutions and cover blocks. Our Ready-Mix Concrete is trusted alike by large developers, small contractors, builders, architects, government agencies, and individual house builders. The premium product range comprises Mega™ Series, Mega™ LWC, InstaMix, Artevia™, Agilia™. Guided by the enduring principles of safety for its employees and social responsibility for the community, the company is charting new roads in providing solutions to meet the country’s infrastructure needs.
HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India HTC Corporation ("HTC"), a pioneer in innovative, smart technologies, has today announced Vive Business Edition ("Vive BE") to capture the huge demand from industries worldwide to employ virtual reality technology in commercial applications. Available from today, Vive BE allows individuals and organizations to order Vive VR systems with additional services adapted for business and commercial environments. Alongside the full Vive VR system, Vive BE come
- Kor Energy Bags ET Nows Green Future Leadership Award for Best Rooftop Solar EPC Company
- Indias KALI Coin ICO with its First International Exchange - CoinRecoil Looks to Transform the Trading in Cryptocurrencies
- Dyson: UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line-up in India
- Royal Enfield Strengthens its Dealership Network in Maharashtra
- Zaheer and Sagarika Mark their First Valentines Day with Platinum
- 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility by Institute Of Directors (India) held in Bengaluru
- Birla Corporation Registers Volume Growth of 22%, EBIDTA up by 8% at Rs. 152.83 Crores
- Clovia gets you a New BFF to Curse, Cuss and Cuddle with During Your Periods
- Gift your Loved Ones a Healthy Heart this Valentines Day with California Walnuts
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas Advised Emami Limited in Acquisition of 26% Stake in Brillare Science Private Limited
- Budget for All: Focus on Agriculture, Rural Economy, Inclusive Health, Infrastructure and MSMEs Encouraging: PHD Chamber
- Education Sector Likely to get more Funding in the Upcoming Budget
- Enterslice Starts Operations in many European and South East Asia Countries
- Louis Philippe from Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd. Enters Nepal
- Vodafone CEO Compliments Indian Government for Marked Improvement in ease of doing Business