Mr. T.V. Narendran, MD & CEO, Tata Steel says, "2017 saw a recovery in global steel demand, prices and trade leading to better than expected performance by India’s steel sector. The year not only saw India becoming the third largest steel producer in the world, it managed to successfully reverse the trend of increasing imports as it became a net exporter. Globally, G20 through the GFSEC has been working on addressing the excess steel capacity and we expect to see more work towards this endeavor in 2017-18. Focusing on the need to improve domestic demand, Govt of India’s National Steel Policy 2017 has drawn the long term road map for steel vision in India.
At Tata Steel, we are committed to further growing our business in India and we look forward to working closely with the Government contributing positively to India’s economic growth. During the year, we had a smooth and successful roll out of GST which had positive implications across our value chain in India. Post the successful ramp up of the 3 million tonne installed capacity at Kalinganagar, the Board has approved a further expansion to 8 million tonnes at an additional capital outlay of INR 23,500 crores to be raised in a combination of equity and debt. This will help us meet India’s rising demand in automotive, general engineering and other valued-added segments. As for Europe, we announced our plan for an equal joint venture with thyssenkrupp AG and in doing so, create Europe’s second largest steel maker."
PriceMap Bridges Digital Divide in Retail Sector, Infuses New Life into Brick and Mortar Retail Brick & Mortar retail is one of the biggest contributors to India's GDP as it comprises nearly 92% of total retail trade in the country which is worth $660 billion. However, this sector is under constant threat because consumers are preferring online shopping due to the convenience offered by e-commerce websites.
- IDAP Global Introduces the First Complete Derivatives Ecosystem for Crypto Assets
- Ozone Eyes Rs. 1000 Cr Turnover by 2021, Plans to Diversify into Fast Growing Security, Surveillance and IoT
- More than Half of Indians Living Blended 'Hybrid Lives' - "Live Life" Survey by American Express
- Apaar Packaging Opens up New Facility in Gujarat
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Abhay V. Udeshi Appointed as International Castor Oil Association President
- PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN
- Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May