Mr. T.V. Narendran, MD & CEO, Tata Steel says, "2017 saw a recovery in global steel demand, prices and trade leading to better than expected performance by India’s steel sector. The year not only saw India becoming the third largest steel producer in the world, it managed to successfully reverse the trend of increasing imports as it became a net exporter. Globally, G20 through the GFSEC has been working on addressing the excess steel capacity and we expect to see more work towards this endeavor in 2017-18. Focusing on the need to improve domestic demand, Govt of India’s National Steel Policy 2017 has drawn the long term road map for steel vision in India.
At Tata Steel, we are committed to further growing our business in India and we look forward to working closely with the Government contributing positively to India’s economic growth. During the year, we had a smooth and successful roll out of GST which had positive implications across our value chain in India. Post the successful ramp up of the 3 million tonne installed capacity at Kalinganagar, the Board has approved a further expansion to 8 million tonnes at an additional capital outlay of INR 23,500 crores to be raised in a combination of equity and debt. This will help us meet India’s rising demand in automotive, general engineering and other valued-added segments. As for Europe, we announced our plan for an equal joint venture with thyssenkrupp AG and in doing so, create Europe’s second largest steel maker."
Bollywood Stars Shine Bright at Shop Qatar 2018 Bollywood Stars Shine Bright at ‘Shop Qatar 2018 Festival’s Bollywood-themed week comes as part of Qatar’s efforts to attract visitors from the Indian Subcontinent Superstars Kareena Kapoor and Sonu Nigam were in Doha, Qatar last week to be part of the Shop Qatar 2018 Bollywood Week. Their appearance at the annual shopping festival, organised by Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA), comes as part of the country’s efforts to attract more visitors from the Indian Subcontinent.
- Morepen Labs Boards the Growth Ladder with the Peer Group in the Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Sector
- Arvind Bajaj Money Rain Financial Services Help Investors Build Rich Stock Portfolio
- Cinépolis Celebrates National Popcorn Day
- PayTren to Implement Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow Platform
- Weizmann Forex Ltd. Partners with Wirecard to Offer International Money Remittance Services
- Turkey Cold Chain Market Led by Emergence of E-Commerce, Food Delivery and Growing Trend
- OPPLE Lighting Celebrates Success with its Channel Partners
- Snapdeal Announces Curated Lohri-Sankranti Store
- Pidilite Industries Announces Acquisition of Majority Stake in CIPY Polyurethanes Pvt. Ltd.
- Videocon Hi5 Ties up with Flipkart as its Exclusive Online Partner for Sale of its Smartphone Accessories
- Chola MS General Insurance Honoured with Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management 2017
- Year end Quote on Behalf of Tata Steel
- UAE Exchange India Celebrates Christmas at St. Teresa's School
- Coffee Day Square Introduces the Finest Culinary Experience in Town
- PerkinElmer Exploring Opportunities to Invest India