The Golden Peacock Awards were instituted in 1991 by the Institute of Directors (IOD), now regarded as a benchmark of Corporate Excellence worldwide, are presented annually to recognize the best Corporates through competition. Chola MS has been awarded the Winner under the Sector – “Insurance (General)”, at the Awards presentation ceremony as part of the "Global Convention on Corporate Ethics & Risk Management" held recently at Hotel InterContinental, Singapore. The other winners in this category include State Bank of India, ONGC Videsh, L&T Finance Holdings etc.
Speaking on the milestone, Mr. S. S. Gopalarathnam, Managing Director, Chola MS, shared, “We are honoured to be recognized as a winner of the “Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management” for the year 2017. The award holds even more value as we complete 15 years of existence. At Chola MS, the company’s T3 philosophy guides work in everything we do – T3 stands for TRUST, TRANSPARENCY and TECHNOLOGY. This award is a valuable testimony to the core principles and values that drive the culture for us at Chola MS. This award will stimulate and help the company to rapidly accelerate the pace of stakeholder-oriented improved processes in the area of 'Enterprise Risk Management'."
The shortlisting process followed by IOD is quite robust and the final selection was made by through a 3-tier Assessment Process. Each of the applications were reviewed by assessors independently, and was later discussed by the committee for normalization of assessments/reviews. The applications were assessed on an exhaustive set of self-assessment parameters, for a total score of 1000 marks.
About Chola MS General Insurance Company Limited
Chola MS General Insurance Company Limited is a Joint Venture between the Murugappa Group and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited, Japan.
Chola MS offers a wide range of insurance products that include Accident, Engineering, Health, Liability, Marine, Motor, Property, Travel and Rural insurance for individuals and corporates. In 2017, the company crossed a Gross Written Premium (GWP) of INR 31332 million. Chola MS GI currently has 107 branches and over 30,000 agents across the country.
Chola MS GI champions a brand philosophy called T3, which stands for Trust, Transparency and Technology. It has also been consistently recognised and awarded by the Government of India, international entities and ratings agencies for its insurance service and delivery innovations.
PriceMap Bridges Digital Divide in Retail Sector, Infuses New Life into Brick and Mortar Retail Brick & Mortar retail is one of the biggest contributors to India's GDP as it comprises nearly 92% of total retail trade in the country which is worth $660 billion. However, this sector is under constant threat because consumers are preferring online shopping due to the convenience offered by e-commerce websites.
- IDAP Global Introduces the First Complete Derivatives Ecosystem for Crypto Assets
- Ozone Eyes Rs. 1000 Cr Turnover by 2021, Plans to Diversify into Fast Growing Security, Surveillance and IoT
- More than Half of Indians Living Blended 'Hybrid Lives' - "Live Life" Survey by American Express
- Apaar Packaging Opens up New Facility in Gujarat
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Abhay V. Udeshi Appointed as International Castor Oil Association President
- PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN
- Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May