Pidilite announced that the board of directors at its meeting held today approved the acquisition of 70% stake in equity shares of CIPY Polyurethanes Pvt. Ltd. (“CIPY”) subject to completion of certain conditions precedent.CIPY was incorporated on 29th November, 1994 and it is engaged in the business of manufacture and sale of floor coatings using polyurethanes, epoxies, polyurea and polyaspartic polymers. The consideration will be in cash being an amount of Rs. 96.40 crores in aggregate payable to the existing shareholders of CIPY for the purchase of the portion of shares held by them in CIPY.This acquisition will help the Company to participate in the growth of the resin flooring and floor coatings market.The turnover of CIPY was Rs. 110.40 crores for the year 2016-17.Dr. Cipy, Managing Director of CIPY Polyurethanes Pvt. Ltd. said, “This partnership with Pidilite will make us stronger and accelerate growth in the floor coating category.”Mr. Bharat Puri, Managing Director Pidilite Industries said, “We are excited to partner with CIPY. The acquisition of majority stake in CIPY will enable Pidilite to expand its presence in the fast-growing resin flooring and floor coating category.”
About PidilitePidilite Industries Limited is a leading manufacturer of adhesives and sealants, construction chemicals, craftsmen products, DIY (Do-it-yourself) products and polymer emulsions in India. Our products range also includes paint chemicals, automotive chemicals, art materials and stationery, fabric care, maintenance chemicals, industrial adhesives, industrial, textile resins and organic pigments & preparations. Most of the products have been developed through strong in-house R&D. Our brand name Fevicol has become synonymous with adhesives to millions in India and is ranked amongst the most trusted brands in the country. Some of our other major brands are MSeal, Fevikwik, Roff, Dr. Fixit, Fevicryl, Motomax and Hobby Ideas.
PriceMap Bridges Digital Divide in Retail Sector, Infuses New Life into Brick and Mortar Retail Brick & Mortar retail is one of the biggest contributors to India's GDP as it comprises nearly 92% of total retail trade in the country which is worth $660 billion. However, this sector is under constant threat because consumers are preferring online shopping due to the convenience offered by e-commerce websites.
- IDAP Global Introduces the First Complete Derivatives Ecosystem for Crypto Assets
- Ozone Eyes Rs. 1000 Cr Turnover by 2021, Plans to Diversify into Fast Growing Security, Surveillance and IoT
- More than Half of Indians Living Blended 'Hybrid Lives' - "Live Life" Survey by American Express
- Apaar Packaging Opens up New Facility in Gujarat
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Abhay V. Udeshi Appointed as International Castor Oil Association President
- PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN